đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Red Heat (1988)

This falls under the category of weird Schwarzenegger team ups, this one featuring Jim Belushi. The first 10 minutes alone feature Arnold fighting what appears to be an Asian/Latino man portraying a Russian steelworker inside a bathhouse while all combatants are only wearing what amounts to a dish towel covering their junk. Then the next scene has Arnold ripping a guy's wooden leg off to reveal that he is hiding a Tony Montana level of cocaine in it.

• Like 1

Loved this movie as a kid. Walter Hill trying to recreate that "48 Hours" magic with Schwarzenegger and Belushi.

As far as Arnold movies go, they would need to get through

Commando (Crank level awesomeness), Raw Deal (Arnold as small time sherrif that infiltrates the Chicago mob) and Running Man (Hello 1980s!!!!) before this fairly decent action flick.

• Like 1

Fuck yes, this movie is terrible. It's this weird forgotten blip on Schwarzenegger's career.

Belushi, well, par for the course.

• Like 1

Terrible terrible true story: I am fucking named after a line from this movie. My dad said he was watching this whilst my mom was pregnant and when Arnold says "You ever heard of Miranda" he was like....cool name. Words do not describe how bitter I am about this.

• Like 3

I've never seen this one, but was traded in at my shop today and looks like prime candidate for next Chicago show. Starring schwarzenegger and Jim belushi.

tag line: "Moscow's toughtest detective. Chicago's craziest cop. There's only one thing worse than making them mad. Making them partners"

Giving this a bump since Chicago dates were announced. I still need to watch. Any other Chicago movie suggestions?

Sign in to follow this