🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 286 — Time Bobby 3

I literally had to stop what I was doing, double over, and gather myself when ALW referred to Mildred & Patty Hill as "miserly crones".

Phenomenal episode.

• Like 1

The mention/impression of Peabo Bryson alone made me lose it. But that was a tornado of references so dense that I laughed through most of it. I'll have to listen to it a few more times.

I was waiting for ALW to turn into Scott Aukerman near the end there. Either way, fucking crazy.

EDIT: NEVERMIND THIS JUST GOT WAY BETTER, THANK YOU WERNER FOR APPEARING.

EDIT 2: THIS GOT WEIRD AND ENJOYABLE IN A WAY I NEVER EXPECTED. THANKS FOR THE JAZZ JAZZ REFERENCE. THIS IS AMAZING AND I'M CRYING.

• Like 1

It really is a shame that Bobby can't do more shows, since he is obviously a (super) fan. At least now we know what will happen when we approach Scott referencing our favorite obscure characters (he will vaguely remember them).

• Like 2

nobody cares

I do. I didn't think the second one deserved to be on the top ten list last year, let alone be the number one pick.

I did like this one better, but GOAT is a big stretch. I can think of three other PFT episodes from this year alone that I liked better.

I'd love to see Fourvel paired up with any other character and or guest, or to have Bobby do something different next time.

It really is a shame that Bobby can't do more shows, since he is obviously a (super) fan. At least now we know what will happen when we approach Scott referencing our favorite obscure characters (he will vaguely remember them).

that fact is why I think he's such an endearing guest and often one of the best, not only are his characters fucking top notch (fagen platt anyone?) but it's so clear that he's utterly delighted to be there, it's the same way if you hear him talk about how much of an obsessive snl fan he was before he was on the show, he's like the living embodiment of a dream come true.

• Like 3

Oh man. The Jazz Jazz callback killed me. Such an under-appreciated character.

I loved the Jazz Jazz reference! That was the first episode I ever listened to, and if I hadn't found that then maybe I never would've heard this this amazing episode (and all the others). The end killed me!

FRYVAULT RETURNETH.

Hmm. Interesting. Yeah. Interesting.

Yeah. Interesting.

FRYVAULT RETURNETH.

• Like 1

Has there ever been a CBB with as much mystery, intrigue and startling reveals?

Add a little old-timey radio music amd you have yourself a hell of a radio drama!

"A CBB Mystery Sciencetastic Tale: TIME BOBBY THREE."

This time it might be personal but it might also not be. Because time travel is weird.

• Like 1

Just finished this and I already need to listen to it again.

I didn't think the second one deserved to be on the top ten list last year, let alone be the number one pick.

Didn't deserve to be on the list of episodes that the most voting listeners wanted to have on that list? Unless you're alleging some kind of voter fraud conspiracy, I think any episode on that list by definition deserves its place on that list....

• Like 5

Final twenty minutes were insane.

When Scott was saying, "I realize now that.....I am Fourvel", I thought he was about to say "I realize now......that this is all really stupid."

• Like 1

Apparently Andrew Lloyd Webber thinks an American accent is the same thing as a Kermit impression

Sounded like the guy who called in to Talkin About Turtle, my favorite Adam Scott Aukerman podcast.

• Like 4

Scott, if you see this, you look great with messy hair. No need for the hat.

• Like 1

Scott's Fourvel sounded a bit like Edith Bunker.

I also heard a bit of Audrey from Little Shop.

Pure gold. And I don't get half of their references. But oh how I love Little Shop, the buttercream effect, and when ALW gets a bit randy.

• Like 2

can someone point me to the Jazz Jazz episode? i'm with Scott on that one...

Didn't deserve to be on the list of episodes that the most voting listeners wanted to have on that list? Unless you're alleging some kind of voter fraud conspiracy, I think any episode on that list by definition deserves its place on that list....

http://www.earwolf.c...-buy-good-shit/

Improv4humans didn't get voted onto AVClub's top ten podcast list, and I think it absolutely deserved to be. Just because the votes don't match up in either case doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion about it.

I was in the camp of people who saw that there was another Time Bobby installment and initially thought to myself "they are running this into the ground," who was then totally blown away by this episode. I literally considered pulling my car off the road to give a standing ovation after the ZZZIIIIPPP sequence and the Jazz Jazz call back.

Next time I doubt Aukerman, PFT, and Bobby Moynihan, slap me with with Daye Javidson's penis.

• Like 4