🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 12 — Slowing It Down 2

Adam Scott Aukerman slow it down once again this week as they are joined by Never Not Funny’s Jimmy Pardo to discuss his personal legacy with U2. They’ll talk about when Jimmy first heard of the band, watching them perform at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago of 1984, and his thoughts on U2’s discography. Plus, they chat about the Eagles documentary, the possibility of Jimmy starting a Chicago podcast, and the time Todd Rundgren made a weird proclamation to a concert audience.

Phew. For a second there I was worried that Scott wouldn't tell me if the guest was sitting to his left or his right.

• Like 1

I was sort of expecting this, but still....

YZT45ox.gif

I can't wait to get deep into this one. Its sure to be funny. Especially because the guest is never not funny. Scott and Jimmy are always a barrel of laughs when they get together in a podding cast environment. (And something, something, U2, something, something)

• Like 6

If Amy is reading this, please draw a picture of Jimmy punching Adam. Adam should be clapping and saying "I'm gonna cum all over you."

Jimmy doing a Chicago podcast would be awesome!!! And who else but Pat Francis would co-host it? Its always fun when Jimmy guests on Pat's 'Rock Solid' podcast. And Pat's always entertaining when he comes on NNF. But yeah, I would LOVE for Jimmy to do a one-off, limited series of podcasts centered around Chicago. And even though I'm not a huge fan of Chicago--I love "25 or 6 to 4" and "Saturday in the Park" like most folks do--but I'm open to receiving some Chicaducation and learning about some of the lesser known Chicago tunes..... I love horn bands. I played bari sax in a horn band back in my college years.

• Like 2

I went to the NY shows and Scott was not a guest (though Scott did say that we would hear them making the plans on this week's UTU22M episode. So close to an Adam Scott Aukerman live show, but it wasn't meant to be.

Scott's anger at the Eagles talk was wonderful.

• Like 3

Jimmy doing a Chicago podcast would be awesome!!! And who else but Pat Francis would co-host it? Its always fun when Jimmy guests on Pat's 'Rock Solid' podcast. And Pat's always entertaining when he comes on NNF. But yeah, I would LOVE for Jimmy to do a one-off, limited series of podcasts centered around Chicago. And even though I'm not a huge fan of Chicago--I love "25 or 6 to 4" and "Saturday in the Park" like most folks do--but I'm open to receiving some Chicaducation and learning about some of the lesser known Chicago tunes..... I love horn bands. I played bari sax in a horn band back in my college years.

I went to school with a Barry Sax.

Guys, guys. Analyze Phish episode 9 is coming soon!

• Like 6

Guys, guys. Analyze Phish episode 9 is coming soon!

I am not afraid to say it - Analyze Phish has been topped by UTU2TM as my all-time favorite podcast. Didn't think that would ever be possible!

But good news nonetheless.

• Like 6

Joe Jackson is one of my all time favorites. Fuck "steppin' out," though. Listen to Big World 50 times in a row then come talk to me, son.

• Like 2

Poco's first album is great, but I love Jimmy Pardo's assessment of Poco as "the Eagles' farm team."

• Like 3

Also, holy shit I used to watch Sven Ghouli every saturday for Creature Feature on WFLD (I think).

• Like 2

I was sort of expecting this, but still....

YZT45ox.gif

Some kind of Howard Kremer, Jimmy Pardo, Adam Scott music-related podcast would be awesome!!

• Like 1

Can't wait for Eager 'bout Eagles and Chattin' Chicago to come out.

• Like 2

Haven't been more excited about an earwolf podcast ep then I have for this one!

U talkin u2 to me has actually usurped the role of my favorite podcast from CBB.

this is such a bros show. just bros bein bros and not giving a fuck

• Like 4

I'm starting to feel awful for Kulap and Naomi Scott and think they should start their own rival podcast together.

• Like 9

I also hate the fucking Eagles. Thank you, Scott.

And I'm a fan of Peter Cetera. Not enough to be the other guy on Pardo's Chicago podcast, but I'd certainly be down to listen to it.

• Like 1

When Do You Get There, Bro? is an amazing addition to the podcasts-within-a-podcast. Frides!

Also, "Fuck You, man!"

Also also, "WHO CARES?!" "SHUT UP."

(Everyone predicting that this week's episode would feature a couple of punchy Scotts were right on the money)

• Like 6

That Todd Rundgren story is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

i can't wait to get home and google "todd rundgren i'm going to cum"...

• Like 2

I'm starting to feel awful for Kulap and Naomi Scott and think they should start their own rival podcast together.

I think having them be guests on an ep of U Talkin U2 To Me? just talking about how much they hate it would be hilarious

• Like 5

i can't wait to get home and google "todd rundgren i'm going to cum"...

I Binged the more work-safe "todd rundgren stage banter" and it seems he's quite full of bizarre statements between and during songs.

SCOTT (A): But the few times I’ve had to- I have had to kiss Natasha Leggero, and Delana- and both times I just feel uncomfortable doing it. I feel weird doing it!

(A) SCOTT: Awwwwwe, Scotty. Y’okay?

JIMMY: Maybe you don’t write that into the script then. How ‘bout that? You control those scripts. Maybe you shake hands with those ladies.

Such a great exchange.

• Like 7

"I feel like I'm being held hostage."

- Jimmy Pardo

• Like 6