🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 287 — Stinky Chips

Portland comedian Shane Torres bursts his way into the first timers club on today’s Comedy Bang! Bang! Shane talks about his start in comedy in the land of Portland, his life after his previous appearance on the LIVE from Portland CBB ep, and possibly getting a nickname. Plus, substitute teacher Mizz Chips drops by to teach Scott and Shane a few things about former students. Now do YOUR homework and listen to this episode already!

Yikes. Not sure I'm sold on this new character of Lauren's, but she plays the line perfectly.

Yikes. Not sure I'm sold on this new character of Lauren's, but she plays the line perfectly.

I am a Lauren-lover, admittedly, but yeah I'm wondering about Tracy Rearden being ridiculously similar to Marissa Wompler, and now we have a teacher that reminds me of a Miss Listler type...i want something a bit more unique...

I am a Lauren-lover, admittedly, but yeah I'm wondering about Tracy Rearden being ridiculously similar to Marissa Wompler, and now we have a teacher that reminds me of a Miss Listler type...i want something a bit more unique...

I don't see Reardon and Wompler as being similar at all. Like, literally AT ALL.

• Like 12

I don't see Reardon and Wompler as being similar at all. Like, literally AT ALL.

Also Mizz Chips was almost nothing like Miss Listler, except for them both being "teachers".

• Like 4

Same.

I really liked this Chips character. The Snack Machine story was gold.

Same.

I really liked this Chips character. The Snack Machine story was gold.

She was hilarious as always, but I was glad she took the direction of only being sexual with former-students. For a minute I thought she was going to be a super sexualized sub. But in terms of a Ms. Chips/ Listler crossover with! That would be amazing.

Scott's 'if you do the time you can do the crime' idea has stuck with me and ruined my day.

Yeah, not seeing any similarity between Mizz Chips and Listler.

Only half way through this episode but I've already had to explain why I'm laughing on my own in the kitchen too many times.

Lauren Lapkus is just the best.

Is there a smell to corn chips? To me, there's more of a noticeable smell to potato chips.

:wub:

Y'all are crazy. Mizz Chips is one of the best CBB characters ever.

• Like 2

I would let Lauren Lapkus substitute teach me any day.... if you know what i mean....sex

• Like 2

Is there a smell to corn chips? To me, there's more of a noticeable smell to potato chips.

They mentioned the chili kind on the show, those do have a more noticeable smell than the plain flavored corn chips.

Anyways I enjoyed this one. I'm a big Lauren fan and I'm digging the new character so far. It provided quite a few laughs and if we see Mizz Chips again it will only continue to be even funnier as her backstory grows and there becomes more to play off of once her character gets further fleshed out. "Fleshed out" seems like a gross term and for that I'm going to go put my head down now.

(P.S. I youtubed some of Shane's standup and he's pretty funny. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed him on the show.)

Not really, which is why Scott and Shane were so confused at first. But then she said she eats chili cheese Fritos, and those do smell pretty bad. They taste good, but the smell is very weird.

The execution is quite different but they are both female teenage interns who are inappropriately frank about sexual matters with Scott. That's not enough to make me think Reardon is unoriginal, but saying there's no similarity at all is a bit silly.

I really hope one day there is an intern off between Wompler, Reardon, and Gino. That would almost be guaranteed to make my top five of the year.

• Like 3

1000 points to the person that can point me to the ep where the "crime before time" first came about.