🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 86 — Ernest Goes To Jail

Is the character of Ernest supposed to be special? Does Evil Ernest ooze sexuality? Is Ernest Goes To Jail a movie aimed at kids? Special guest Lesley Arfin (writer for Girls & Brooklyn Nine-Nine) joins Paul, June, and Jason to discuss Ernest P. Worrell’s antics in the film Ernest Goes To Jail which includes Ernest basically becoming Powder (or Electro), Evil Ernest’s rape attempt, and Ernest having the ability to fly. Reminder: If you have a sound collage for the 1st Annual HOWDIES email us over at howdidthisgetmade@earwolf.com! Also, you can now check out June Diane Raphael & Casey Wilson in ASS BACKWARDS for free on Netflix & HULU y’all! Don’t forget to grab yourself a brand new HDTGM Daredevil T-shirt over at the Earwolf store and a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

Evil Ernest. *Sigh!* Women always go for the bad boys. The fuckable, fuckable bad boys...

06.jpg

• Like 15

I don't think that Earnest was "special", he was just a moron. Although I don't think the films are all connected, but one movie might explain it. In Earnest Scared Stupid, his 19th century ancestor helped capture and imprison a troll who stealing the souls of children. The troll cursed the ancestor that his blood line would become dumber and dumber with each generation... cut to Earnest.

• Like 4

Evil Ernest. *Sigh!* Women always go for the bad boys. The fuckable, fuckable bad boys...

06.jpg

Ehhhh, I don't see it. I guess June is the new Jason after all.

Oozes sexuality

Ernest.jpg

• Like 5

I have to say, even before listening to this I was upset. Ernest movies were a big part of my childhood and I saw most of them in the theaters. I've never had an issue with any other movie from my childhood being dissected, but this one hit home. I'll go home and watch all of these movies again tonight and enjoy them just as much as when I was a child.

On another note, I understand what June was saying. Check out this mofo.

varney.jpg

• Like 17

"This is SO upsetting" - Jason Mantzoukas

I'm envisioning a "Freaky Friday"-style scenario where Jason and June, through some wacky magic something or other, switch bodies for a day. Actually, nevermind, it sounds too close to the plot of "Nundercover 9: Nunderstruck"...

• Like 4

Jim_Varney.jpg

HOT. AS. FUCK.

• Like 3

The All-New Adventures of Laurel and Hardy: For Love or Mummy needs to be addressed further.

• Like 3

Jim_Varney.jpg

HOT. AS. FUCK.

If he hadn't been typecast so, so hard, he looks like he could have been like a Chris Cooper or something.

• Like 2

Did Paul apologize for mispronouncing Avril's name and then thank someone for doing "reach-search" 5 seconds later? Pffft!

Much like Paul, I enjoyed Ernest goes to camp as a child, but never watched another Ernest movie, until I stumbled upon a DVD box-set of Ernest movies on Amazon.(Worst $20 I ever spent.) I have since seen all Ernest movies and sadly, excluding Goes to Camp, Ernest goes to jail is probably the best one. And just as CaO: No Ernest has no love interest in the other movies.(At least not as emphasized of called upon as in this movie) And Bobby's officer friend Chuck is also in the other Ernest movies.("Put the hammer down" is his catch phrase.) Jason,don't deny the Worrell charm.

• Like 1

Much like Paul, I enjoyed Ernest goes to camp as a child, but never watched another Ernest movie, until I stumbled upon a DVD box-set of Ernest movies on Amazon.(Worst $20 I ever spent.) I have since seen all Ernest movies and sadly, excluding Goes to Camp, Ernest goes to jail is probably the best one. And just as CaO: No Ernest has no love interest in the other movies. And Bobby's officer friend Chuck is also in the other Ernest movies.("Put the hammer down" is his catch phrase.) Jason,don't deny the Worrell charm.

Did the boxset include Africa? WTF is that one about?

"pee-wee is smart in his own way. pee-wee outsmarts other people."

"but also probably was molested."

"sure."

• Like 4

These felt weird to make

wX9avqc.jpg

Frhdp2r.jpg

• Like 7

Everyone stop what you're doing and watch the conjugal visit scene:

I can understand why it was taken out of the movie now... We literally see Ernest post-coitus.

(Which was too much for June and Lesley to handle. I get it.)

• Like 4

Here's my "Jason joke that could've been":

"Hey guys, do you think his man-washer had a genital setting?

for TUGGING IT OFFFF"

• Like 1