🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 13 — No Line on the Horizon

Get on your boots this week as Adam Scott Aukerman get deep into U2′s twelfth studio album No Line on the Horizon for the whole episode. They’ll talk about the aborted Rick Rubin sessions, the sessions with Brian Eno & Daniel Lanois, how U2’s “Get On Your Boots” sounds exactly like The Escape Club’s “Wild, Wild West,” their experiences with the record, the U2 360° Tour, and U2’s 2009 Grammys performance. Plus, they break down Billy Joel’s recent performance at the Hollywood Bowl.

I know I'm beating a dead horse if you follow all these forum threads, but REM released their two Unplugged performances as an album last week, and there is a cover of One.

IT'S FATE.

New episodes released at midnight?

In which fantasy land is that?

New episodes go up at 12:02am. How can I believe these guys when they tell me the names of U2's members now?

• Like 3

would love to hear Bob Odenkirk as guest on this show. Scott's impressions of him portray him as crotchety and opinionated.

Scott and Scott and Bob would be a U Talkin' dream lineup

• Like 7

The off-mic 'fuck you' from Scott when Scott does the phone jack trick again is utterly delightful.

And this isn't even one of their punchier eps.

Can't wait to hear upcoming experimental episodes, I hope Ol' Sourpuss stops by.

• Like 1

I haven't listened yet. Did they address Scott's NY show cancelation at all?

I haven't listened yet. Did they address Scott's NY show cancelation at all?

They do talk about guests falling through.

Am I the only one that kinda checks out unintentionally when they actually start talkin' U2 2 me?

• Like 9

I'm surprised Scott let Scott get away with calling himself a "Stand up comedian"

• Like 1

That 30 second copy right rule is an urban legend. Totally not a real thing.

http://studentpressblogs.org/nspa/the-non-existent-30-second-rule/

Scott and the gang would be able to make a decent fair use case as this is technically music criticism, and using snippets rather then full songs would help their case. But if U2 really wanted to sue they definitely could. But they won't because the backlash wouldn't be worth it.

Scott and the gang would be able to make a decent fair use case as this is technically music criticism, and using snippets rather then full songs would help their case.

The commercial purpose would cut against them -- though unless I'm mistaken there were actually no ads in this one...

• Like 1

Spent all morning at work re-listening to the begining to make a playlist of all the Billy Joel songs discussed. Here's the playlist if anyone is interested. Hoping all that work was not in vain, my job paid me good money to do this:

Scott and Scott's Billy Joel Mix

Thank you for this. I have really only known Billy Joel music for it's hits and don't really have any friends who listen to that type of music. But after listening to some of these deep cuts, I am becoming a fan.

• Like 1

"Well I just put my kids to bed and am going to do my U2 podcast at 9PM on a Monday, better wear this super rad leather jacket the whole time" - Adam Scott

• Like 12

Scott - 'Was it Slash?'

Scott - 'No..'

Scott - 'Was it the Edge?'

Scott - 'No... oh wait, it was the Edge!'

had me laughing pretty damn hard

• Like 3

Am I the only one that kinda checks out unintentionally when they actually start talkin' U2 2 me?

yeah and when they would play clips they would say "and this one was a very experimental track" and then they play the snippet and it sounds like every other U2 song to me

granted i am not very knowledgeable about this kind of music

also the clip that i came closest to liking was the last one that adam said he didnt like, although when i went to listen to it on youtube it really wasnt very good as a whole song, i just liked the way it ended i guess

• Like 7

Yeah, I 'm not the biggest U2 fan. I do like it when they go traehk by truuhck, though. It helps to not feel bad about what I've been "missing".