🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 181 — His Beautiful Fabrics

The best dressed man in Comedy, Paul F. Tompkins, stops by the Earwolf studios to count down some Charts with your hostess with the mostess, Kulap Vilaysock, and your favorite guest host ever probably, Armen Weitzman. Don't miss PAUL F. GREATEST talk about his love for the Penny's of the world, what he thinks the rules of Fashion are, and his views on life: make music, have a good time, Paul's a good person. Plus, tune in to hear the best character description of Armen anyone has ever given. GLADDYYSS!

I like hearing Armen say "Yes, Sir" to PFT because that's all of us. We'd all be "Yes, Sir, Mr. Tompkins" too.

• Like 7

Also, in an unnecessary reboot of Jaws, ya gotta have PFT as Mayor Larry Vaughn. He's already got the jacket!!!

• Like 2

I really hope the end comments about drugs were regarding the Hollywood Bowl Phish concert.

PFT is the Daario Naharis of podcasting.

Also, the first Harry Potter book came out in 1997, but it takes place in 1991. Everyone was right!

• Like 4

PFT is the Daario Naharis of podcasting.

Also, the first Harry Potter book came out in 1997, but it takes place in 1991. Everyone was right!

I'd say he's more of a less gay Renly

• Like 1

PFT doesn't like Almost Famous?

Crazy.

As delightful as PFT is, he seems to dislike most pop culture products.

• Like 1

I'm willing to admit I laughed out loud at Kulap happily chirping "Butt guys!"

• Like 4

Armen seems much more comfortable this time, but he REALLY incensed me with those flippant godzilla comments!

Heartlessness, thy name is Armen.

does he remind anyone else of Jeremy Hotz?

PFT doesn't like Almost Famous?

Crazy.

Lots of people don't. Pretty sure AVClub said Julie Klausner's podcast had a segment taking it down last week.

I liked it fine when I was a freshman in high school, but lordy did I not like it when I watched it as a freshman in collage.

Best Armen outing yet! And not sarcastically or anything. I really liked his Howard-ish energy this go-around. I think I may have seen all of Almost Famous at some point, but all I can think of now regarding it is "Lock the Gates!", so I'll assume it's an anti-Maron thing /sarcasm/. ...Also... "Butt Guys"... fantastic!

I don't know what a "formal-ass thundershirt" is, but I'd wear the hell out of one!

• Like 1

dying to get Cuckoo's review of ASM2. i hope she sees it before it exits the charts.

Has anyone been to Howard and Brody's show? They're coming to my town tomorrow, and I'm trying to convince my wife that we should go, but I don't know what to expect.

Is it just a straight up stand up act? I'd be a little surprised if it is, because I think the show goes from like 9 until 1 in the morning.

Thanks for any input.

Has anyone been to Howard and Brody's show? They're coming to my town tomorrow, and I'm trying to convince my wife that we should go, but I don't know what to expect.

Is it just a straight up stand up act? I'd be a little surprised if it is, because I think the show goes from like 9 until 1 in the morning.

Thanks for any input.

It's 'essentially' straight up stand up technically, but calling what Brody does straight up stand up is a huge misnomer. You don't know the full power of Brody until he's standing right in front of you, yelling at the audience.

Howard was delightfully flustered by his new hair cut and was everything I could have wanted.

One of the best shows I've seen recently and it was super cheap in Chicago.

• Like 1

It's 'essentially' straight up stand up technically, but calling what Brody does straight up stand up is a huge misnomer. You don't know the full power of Brody until he's standing right in front of you, yelling at the audience.

Howard was delightfully flustered by his new hair cut and was everything I could have wanted.

I heartily agree. I saw them in San Francisco and brought along two friends who were completely unfamiliar with Brody and Howard. I was a little nervous that my friends wouldn't enjoy it because their style of stand up is not at all typical, especially Brody's. But we all agreed at the end of the night that this was one of the best stand up shows we had seen in ages. We all laughed constantly. Howard was charming and weird and very funny! I am now a big fan of Adam Cayton-Holland too.

Brody's set is pretty long so that makes sense that the show would be from 9 - 1am. He did more than an hour with us, but I could have watched him for longer than that. Brody's energy is so powerful and intoxicating. His crowd work was hilarious. If he comes to your town, do yourself a favor and experience his show live.

• Like 1

I heartily agree. I saw them in San Francisco and brought along two friends who were completely unfamiliar with Brody and Howard. I was a little nervous that my friends wouldn't enjoy it because their style of stand up is not at all typical, especially Brody's. But we all agreed at the end of the night that this was one of the best stand up shows we had seen in ages. We all laughed constantly. Howard was charming and weird and very funny! I am now a big fan of Adam Cayton-Holland too.

I'm sure this was alleviated when Brody bellowed "ENJOY IT!", and they were compelled to by sheer force of will.

• Like 2

I'm sure this was alleviated when Brody bellowed "ENJOY IT!", and they were compelled to by sheer force of will.

'Tis true. When the "ENJOY IT!" command comes from Brody, it's impossible to ignore it.

• Like 1

I was at the Chicago show too (front row center, noice). Howard was my fave. The power stance he goes into when he names his songs is incredible. Brody seemed a little bit off since his foot was just broken, but he was still hilarious. He asked me if I knew his foot was broken and I said "I can see that" and he said I was being a smartass. I wasn't being a smartass, I just didn't know how else to answer!! Watching him dance around was so goddamn funny, and even the jokes I've heard him tell 50 times were still funny.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this