🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 288 — Back to Barz, Back to Reality

Randy & Jason Sklar make their way from Sklarbro Country as they return to the land of Comedy Bang! Bang! on this week’s b-b-b-onus episode! The Sklarbros chat about their new comedy special “What Are We Talking About” which is available on Netflix instant streaming (as well as iTunes & Amazon.com), Chester Cheetah, the difficulties of parenting, and the good ol’ dating days. Then, celebrity gossip columnist Barzelona Marriott stops by to reveal what really happened during the Jay-Z & Solange elevator incident and much more that will make you go OMG. Plus, the dudes discuss if we should stick to one gender when eating animals during a game of Would You Rather!

Holy shit. I think by the time the week is done, I will have listened to well over 12 hours of brand new Earwolf podcasts. If I'm even caught up...

• Like 1

Holy shit. I think by the time the week is done, I will have listened to well over 12 hours of brand new Earwolf podcasts. If I'm even caught up...

I haven't even watched Game of Thrones yet because I've been too busy listening to Earwolf.

• Like 3

I haven't even watched Game of Thrones yet because I've been too busy listening to Earwolf.

Well Game of Thrones is on a bye week (Sklar Bro sports style reference) this Sunday, so get your earwolf fill and catch up.

We got 3 episodes left in the season and shits already hitting the fan.

By the way... love me some Sklar bros.

Sanz is the king of inconsistent char-acks. Love me some Sanz episodes of Bang Bang. Itching for the return of Chico Davis one of these days.

I screamed out "HENDERSON!!!" then punched a waterfall when I saw this bonus episode. Also, if you see Jon Dore, don't forget to tell him how big Brandon's gotten. He's so big, he strangled an Elk to death with his bare hands.

• Like 3

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Randy and Jason's on-mic laughter is every bit as infectious as PFT's off-mic laughter. Maybe more so.

• Like 1

Cody - I think there was something odd with this recording. I heard one guy talk, and then heard another guy, sounding exactly like the first guy, talk. .... I didn't listen to anything else.

• Like 1

As a Puerto Rican I'd like to thank Scott for mentioning us, for caring, and for not pronouncing it "Porto" Rico.

It'd be great if either of the Sklar brothers shut up for ten seconds.

Cool first post, bro

(As opposed to mine which genuinely is cool).

• Like 17

Cool first post, bro

(As opposed to mine which genuinely is cool).

So worth it to take the time to register. As worth it as resetting my password just so I could like your post.

• Like 5

It'd be great if either of the Sklar brothers shut up for ten seconds.

I thought it was nice to see a return to the respectful silence of the Would You Rather? theme. This new generation of CBB guests just has no respect. Of course, no one would mistake the Sklarbros for a new generation with their Tailhooks and Sonny & Cher references.

• Like 4

It might not have been the best idea to listen to this hopped up on pain meds last night. I woke my husband twice because the bed was vibrating from my restrained laughter. I literally hurt myself trying to hold it in.

Listening to Scott grill Horatio on the background of one of his characters is one of the true joys in my life.

• Like 9

"OH GOD" —Me, as soon as Scott said 'Barzelona Marriott' in the intro

• Like 1

I'm an hour into this ep and I JUST got that Barzelona Marriott is a play on Perez Hilton. Geeeeez lol

• Like 7

The sklars are embarrassingly unfunny. My face until Horatio showed up: :|

Reference comedy? check

References nobody under 40 gets? check

Talking over each other while stupidly cracking up? check

Wish the sklars would get out of "comedy," it's the emperor's new clothes when Scott and others act like they are funny.

Some reviews of their dogshit Netflix "special":

I thought hack observation comics died out in the late 80's but apparently they've been reincarnated with an echo in the form of the Sklar brothers. If you like lame humor with a gimmick a la git'er done style catchphrases or in this case ping pong echos then maybe you'll enjoy the Sklars. Where they may differ from their 80's counterparts is in their tendency to sharpen their observations into ridicule rather than easy going ribbing - something of a trend among the lesser comics of today - as it gives the illusion of an edge. Their jokes dig outward for the most part but even when they occasionally make themselves the target it functions as little more than a way to show their relatability and similarity to the audience rather than end on something truly self-deprecating and funny. It's a way to position themselves as normal (just like the viewer) before they launch into an observation that will twist to mocking derision by the end. Ultimately it's just lazy, vapid humor that even when it occasionally tries to be daring does little more than uphold status quo digs against easy targets. If their standup relates in any way to sports it functions to tackle dummies.

Good Lord, these guys are terrible. Extremely stiff routine and the jokes are really horrible. Only able to sit through about 15 min, and the best part was imagining myself punching these guys in the face. This should not be viewed by anyone, and these idiots should be embarrassed.

had to sit through a painful 'pre-game' show only to find that they did not prepare any material for the show. And as dreadful as this is they had to add injury to insult by adding canned laughter. They had a live audience, adding canned laughter on top of a recording before a live audience is unforgivable. This is extremely terrible. This should have been the end of their careers. Very unfunny.

The sklar brothers are an embarrassment to the flagship of modern comedy, wake the fuck up Scott.

I'm an hour into this ep and I JUST got that Barzelona Marriott is a play on Perez Hilton. Geeeeez lol

Took me roughly the same amount of time to get it.

Took me roughly the same amount of time to get it.

Yep, same here.

*'Casually' whistling and looking away from trolls*

• Like 3

Holy crap people are negative. Sorry this 1 of nearly 300 episodes didn't tickle your fancy, you should definitely complain about it on the boards and DEMAND a refund.

• Like 2

Comedy Sklarb Sklarb

This sounds like something from Futurama

• Like 1