🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 34 — David Wain, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean defend celebrity voice actors by creating their own vocal characters in the segment Voice Choice. Then DAVID WAIN, director and lovemaking mentor, arrives to tell the story of how he got to be director, pitch his take for the reboot of Million Dollar Arm, address what is perhaps Engineer Cody's greatest error yet, and answer questions from listeners about prom and his friendship with the rapper Jay-Z.

Agata, do you get to listen to the eps early to write up the summary, or does someone else write up the summary?

i do listen to the episodes before they're released. i usually write the descriptions, but this week hayes wrote it.

• Like 4

i do listen to the episodes before they're released. i usually write the descriptions, but this week hayes wrote it.

...you can kinda tell now that you say so.

Edit: In a good way?

...you can kinda tell now that you say so.

Edit: In a good way?

fun new game: go back to all the eps and figure out who wrote what GO

• Like 11

Meh, this ep is weak sauce. the guest has a monotonous timbre and an anesthetizing sense of humor. Good effort from the guys trying to underhand soft pitch comedy to Dwayne but he struck out every time and really sucked the air out of the room. I knew there was a reason that I'd never heard of him. I'll have to rely on the forum for good jokes this week

• Like 1

I appreciate Mr David Wain listening to that unusually long-winded question and teaching everyone about his code of the streets

• Like 2

Sometimes I let my girl sit in when I'm commenting on the forums. I realize now that she messes up the vibe of the board. I'm gonna break up with her. Hopefully she doesn't get all fucktarded and sad and start whining about it. No Hablo crybaby. #savethedrama #forobama

• Like 9

Wow guys, I'm surprised my song was so close to explaining it. I really feel like if I can just add TWO more verses I can really nail it.

• Like 2

Do you get OT pay for having to be on at like 10PM on a GD federal holiday?

GD better stand for golly dang or else you've been lying to us.

• Like 3

GD better stand for golly dang or else you've been lying to us.

Gastro-Dentistry. Tim's a doctor.

Sorry, I meant Tim's an octer.

• Like 3

Can someone isolate the laugh at the 17:10 mark so Tim can sample it in his next song?

• Like 3

Mom,

Can we PLEASEEE have the lawn guys come at some other time than 9:30AM on Tuesdays because I'm in my boxers and I want to have the window open and they keep looking in every time they come by and it's weird. Plus the leaf blowers are too loud.

Love,

Chanson

PS - Seriously, this is total bullshit.

Sorry, wrong forum.

• Like 5

Loved whole ep and especially the final popcorn gallery question and answer. So funny when David kept saying, "I'm glad I'm getting back to the story cause it's really good." I'm paraphrasing, but it's still funny. Check it out if you like the show.

Also, great song Tim. It was very... Preesing.

• Like 4

great ep, the daves have really been bringing the heat lately

• Like 2

Very good interesting episode, esp. re: stunt work.

True story: when I was a kid I thought if a movie had stunt/death scenes they would find people who actually wanted to die, then kill them on screen for real.

I was a dark kid, but also, kind of a genius?

• Like 4

The girl didn't really fulfill the pro version. Too concerned about her name.

I feel bad.

• Like 3

unrelated to the episode but im looking for a cohost for a christian podcast, holyword goodbook, pls apply via pms or facbook

• Like 15

unrelated to the episode but im looking for a cohost for a christian podcast, holyword goodbook, pls apply via pms or facbook

if ur serious -- you should see how you vibe with my co-host. he's talent on a catholic comedy show on siriusxm. he's not actually religious at all so idk if that's a problem but he has bits for weeks and actually knows what's going in the church 'cause he has to talk about it all day long. plus he's p funny. i'll send you his standup on fb.

• Like 1

I'm no comedienne or anything but maybe you could do a joke where you say 'Pope' but it's actually 'Poop'? Not sure how to word it.

• Like 4

thats a real good one because i dont like catholic ppl, their kind of christianity is slightly different from mine so they are no better then demons in my book

• Like 3

this was a good episode and good posts so far everyone. I am available to be on any kind of radio show or podcasts I will do my best to not ruin your thing thank you

• Like 4