🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 182 — Gandalf Vs. Snape

Matt Besser, the man who literally wrote the book on comedy, joins your KuKu and your Armen Weitzman on this week's Who Charted? Tune in to hear Armen explain how UCB is like Hogwarts, the crew count down the Billboard Dance Electronic Digital Songs Chart, and Armen proclaim Matt Besser an adult. Plus, Matt Besser talks about how having a daughter has changed the way he thinks about comedy, and why he thinks Armen should take some classes at UCB. Can Armen salvage the episode, and save his relationship with Matt Besser? Listen to find out!

• Like 1

can we agree to never have Armen back ever again? he is seriously the worst.

No we can't agree on that at all.

• Like 21

Armen is the best, give him a podcast where he has to try to interview people and they get to berate him.

• Like 11

Man there have been some great guests lately. Too bad Armen is still there, oh well.

• Like 2

He's not the worst. He's fine!

• Like 1

This actually made me change my opinion on Armen. I at first really didn't like him on WC, but this episode just made me feel really bad for him and within that, root for him. I love Besser, but he was really putting it to Armen in a way that was ruder than necessary and probably made Armen look worse than he actually was. The fact that Kulap, who could have easily facilitated Armen through his quirks, only further ragged on him made matters worse and kind of made her seem like a mob-mentality bully.

Armen seems like a sensitive dude who got gun shy on a program he shouldn't have been on and had to live up to the epic standard that How How left in his wake.

If this Who Charted was a wrestling match, there would have been an Armen face turn and a Kulap/Besser heel turn.

• Like 1

I'm in the hospital right now, so this post might be a mess.

Besser likes Armen, and your can tell, he's just trying to help Armen to move the show along.

I like Armen, he seems like a sweet guy, but he has trouble finishing his thoughts. He seems like he starts off with a funny thought, then snuffs it out. I want to hear that thought.

• Like 5

You've got your worsts and bests all mixed up. I urge you to see your doctor.

• Like 6

I knew it wouldn't be long till someone called Matt a bully..as a previous poster said, I think if they were strangers I'd find him a little on the hostile side, but it's obvious they have a rapport. Besser genuinely wants Armen to be able to articulate himself. Not for his own sake but for Armen's. I'm sure a lot of his anxiety comes from not being able to express himself in a satisfying manner. Anyway I like them both and rather than feeling any bad vibes I enjoyed it a lot. I could listen to more of them together. Maybe if Armen took the free classes and made an appearance on Improv4Humans? Could be interesting. 84592_SNape.jpg

• Like 17

This was like Besser interacting with Eric the Unpaid Intern times ten. Top notch.

• Like 10

Remember, despite appearances Snape had Harry's best interests at heart.

Armen on improv4humans? Only if to debate the Angry Trumpet Fighter.

Love the photo!

See the Back Room series for Armen as Cuddle Bear...

http://www.ucbcomedy.com/media/2262

• Like 20

Oh my hell! That was seriously one of the funniest Whooch's ever. I was laughing as hard as Kulap was to this episode.

I'd love to have Armen back anytime to fill in.

Thank you Matt for making the last Armen episode ever so brilliant.

• Like 5

Armen on improv4humans? Only if to debate the Angry Trumpet Fighter.

Well Doug giving Eric weight loss and life advice was one of the greatest gifts you've ever bestowed upon us... I think some good scenes could come of it. Just don't let Eric and Armen interact or I may kill myself.

• Like 1

If Arman had a sit-com there would be whole episodes about a to-do list with one thing on it (1. pick up the dry cleaning) and the other 20 minutes details how and why he can't get that done. Then he runs into Matt, his reluctant surrogate father, who works very hard not to tell Arman how disappointed he is in Arman's inability to pick up the dry cleaning. "I'll try harder tomorrow. Well, I'll try harder to try harder if you know... uh."

I'll be called "I'm a mess!"

• Like 3

Confused by the Disclosure hate, since they're actually an electronic band that I like a lot, especially Latch.

But thank goodness for Besser to put some pressure on Armen and get him to complete his thoughts.

• Like 1

This has been an exhausting month for Who Charted. At a certain point, its no longer funny how bad he is. Its just bad.

I tried my best to listen to this, but I turned it off halfway through the movie chart. Never have Armen back.

• Like 4

i fucking loved this ep it was too funny.. i wish armen could explain his thoughts more clearly he seems to have good points haha Besser is my favorite cant wait for howard to come back!

I am posting to show my support for Armen. Not that I disagree with him being totally first world problem, but he makes me laugh with his cringey-ness.

Armen, you gotta get out of your own head though! Or think what you want to say before saying it, then you won't trail off second guessing yourself.

• Like 1

I gotta say, I think having Armen on the show is pretty funny. I think he shares a bit of Howard's mentality, but part of what makes Howard so charming is that he's gotten a lot more self-aware as the show's gone on, and he's not afraid to laugh at himself or the dumb stuff he comes up with sometimes. I think if Armen kept at it and hammered out his worldview (or at least his schtick) a little more he'd be a really great podcasting co-host.

Until then, it's hilarious to hear Matt Besser rip on him. If you're looking for more Besser-on-Armen mayhem you might like this podcast from last year: http://littledumdumclub.com/?p=617

I'm a fan of Armen.

I'm also a fan of Besser, especially when he gets worked up over something. If you guys wanna hear him ACTUALLY angry, listen to his CBB with Jay Mohr. It's very apparent he's not enjoying the experience but I think it just makes it funnier.

• Like 2