Episode 290 — Shed Busting

72 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,531 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Comedian extraordinaire/friend of the show Todd Glass returns to Comedy Bang! Bang! and brings along the wonderful James Adomian for his first time ever appearance! The guys chat about the early days of the CBB live show (formerly CDR), Todd’s new book “The Todd Glass Situation,” and busting out of the shed in the comedy community. Then, painter George W. Bush stops by to talk about art and his interesting hidden past. So tune in because you never know if some of the former president’s pals will drop on by as well!

#2 PuncturedJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:04 PM

I can't believe this pairing hasn't happened before in CBB history.

#3 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

I bet Todd really wishes he had his effects for this

#4 Jon Onyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

I can only hope they play a new game where todd has to guess whether songs are written by U2

#5 Kevin Irmiter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

Hey, you know what sucks about having Todd Glass appear on U Talking U2 to Me and then on Comedy Bang Bang less than a week later?

NOTHING!!!!

#6 onReload

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

One thing I love about Todd and James being on the same show is how Todd likes to be super delicate and hesitant about "the situation," while James can be totally explicit and aggressive about it.

Also, I could listen to these guys talk about damn near anything for two hours.

#7 Loco_por_los_Cornballs

Pool Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

I made the right call on skipping Doug Benson's weed-smoking show. Might have been more Todd Glass than I could handle. (Plus, I don't have any weed right now, and why on Earth would anybody watch that show unless they're high?)
Check out my "Never Not Funny" fan tumblr: http://nevernotpics.tumblr.com/

#8 AstronautDown

5th U2 member.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

I'm half way through this and I can safely say this episode is totally gay... But seriously, it's one of my favourite episodes ever. Wow!
British Empire and whatnot...

#9 Paul <3 chemicals

Wal-Fin Greeter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

Needed more reverb.

Scott sincerely contributing to hot button issues without a hint of irony was kind off-putting initially but wow, I never thought I'd see the day of a semi-serious Bling Bong; let alone enjoy it this much.

Comedians talking straight (cough), is always refreshing because they tend to be intelligent and socially aware.

Also, Adomian as a non-character sounds so macho. Like a radio lumberjack. But so does Todd really... I wish I had a deeper voice.

B -B-B-Bonus-s-s-s episode on Thursday you guys!

Posted Image
Interests: nature, musicals, Law & Order, cake, parties, exercise, cowboys, girls,pretzels, water-skiing, bad movies, summah, xenomorphs, ponies, trumpet, Atlantis, the Vatican, Bjork, Tom Petty, U2 & Staind

#10 HipsterNonsense

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

The discussion about whether or not their should be unisex bathrooms was the highlight of the show for me. It was such an incredible blend of silly without being offensive during an otherwise serious conversation.
Posted Image

#11 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:26 AM

Subaru!

#12 AJ Valliant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:42 AM

While there is legitimate cognitive dissonance from having actual James Adomion on CBB his presence is always welcome. That is one raunchy, cackling, sneaky cleaver, raconteur. He's like the illegitimate son of PFT and Badger from breaking bad.

#13 Syme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

I'm pretty sure they had the exact same conversation about Scott going on Todd's podcast last time. Get on it you guys.

#14 kopello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Am I excited about Glass and Adomian finally together on CBB? Absolool I am.

#15 Pepper R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

I hope at some point in a future cbb podcast U2 comes up and Scott goes "Wait, is it time for an episode of U Talking U 2 to me?" and 1.5 seconds of Vertigo plays and Adam Scott comes in and shows everyone his penis and then the music plays again and then he leaves.

#16 Pushingrocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

I think a live drummer playing over the conversation would be the only thing that could improve this ep.

#17 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

I don't mean to be a spoilering sport, but James was on an early CDR as himself. The other guests were Matt Walsh and Nick Swardson, and the trio and Scott did this amazing piece of improv work.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QIiNt1BxFA4

#18 Daddy Descartes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

I really hope that whenever Scott takes Todd's up on his offer that Adomian is around as well. 2+ hours of this and Todd fucking around with reverb and piping in mariachi music would be 2 hours well spent.

#19 takehomejoke

It's been (a while)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationHollyweird?

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

View Postjustinmh05, on 02 June 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mean to be a spoilering sport, but James was on an early CDR as himself. The other guests were Matt Walsh and Nick Swardson, and the trio and Scott did this amazing piece of improv work.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=QIiNt1BxFA4

This also features Scott's old bit of asking too many questions about who his character is before an improv scene. Love it!

#20 daveyman23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:32 AM

Man, Todd Glass. I love him on the show because he is so real. He isnt afraid to make himself look stupid (which he isnt at all) but his human attributes are more prevalent than any guest. Its really nice to hear some truth once in a while