🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 36 — John Cochran, Our Close Friend

Can one of you (VB) teach me how to screen write? The dry erase marker is getting low and my tablet is not turning into a TV show yet.(incomprehensible joke that only I get) I got all these good ideas and no outlet. Well, I got a shitty idea and I guess I could just read more screen plays and figure it out.

• Like 1

Guys, what's your least favourite name? Mine is "Oliver".

(Just stirring up some debate, we're not even at Post Two-Hundo yet.)

Jimmy Pardo, Blaine Capatch, and Tom Lennon all have sons named Oliver. And Jesse Thorn's son is named Oscar, which is close enough.

Can one of you (VB) teach me how to screen write? The dry erase marker is getting low and my tablet is not turning into a TV show yet.(incomprehensible joke that only I get) I got all these good ideas and no outlet. Well, I got a shitty idea and I guess I could just read more screen plays and figure it out.

I know so little about it that I don't even know what you mean. Basically I bought Final Draft and it does all the work for me. If you ever want to talk to me anyway, you can email me: valerie.ann.bryant@gmail.com Let's keep it clean though, my wife might see it.

• Like 2

There's got to be a web-based solution that's good/better than Final Draft. I mean, scriptwriting is not a complicated word processing thing...

EDIT: I guess check out http://www.plotbot.com/? IDK I don't know anything about screenwriting. I usually just flesh out ideas in my head and then perform them correctly off the dome.

• Like 2

Jimmy Pardo, Blaine Capatch, and Tom Lennon all have sons named Oliver.

Ohgodohgodohgod I didn't know this, does anyone know how to delete posts from here? I CANNOT let these H-wood titans know I inadvertently insulted their sons' names.

• Like 1

PSA TO PARDO, CAPATCH, AND LENNON:

This is the real Andrew posting, 'my' last few posts were all written by Chanson, any insults were entirely his responsibility (I love the name Oliver). I think he hacked my account, please send any and all legal threats/hired goons to his address.

• Like 3

Jimmy Pardo, Blaine Capatch, and Tom Lennon all have sons named Oliver. And Jesse Thorn's son is named Oscar, which is close enough.

I know so little about it that I don't even know what you mean. Basically I bought Final Draft and it does all the work for me. If you ever want to talk to me anyway, you can email me: valerie.ann.bryant@gmail.com Let's keep it clean though, my wife might see it.

awesome. im gonn email u then we can send back and forth my shitty scripts and u can make them better. :) niiiiiice. this works for meeee.

• Like 2

There's got to be a web-based solution that's good/better than Final Draft. I mean, scriptwriting is not a complicated word processing thing...

EDIT: I guess check out http://www.plotbot.com/? IDK I don't know anything about screenwriting. I usually just flesh out ideas in my head and then perform them correctly off the dome.

i've been using celtx and i like it ok.

Thanks to all who contributed to the letter-writing campaign to get the show recognized as a Certified Podcast by Podmass. Being reviewed by Podmass, "The Site for Podcasts," means you are officially a podcast on the Internet.

We have received our "You Made a Podcast" certificate and it's hanging in the studio on Engineer Sam's face (he has a zit). You all earned a piece of it by writing in to tell AV Club that Hollywood Handbook is "a podcast." Thank you again.

If you would like to comment on the Podmass post please make it a reference to the t-shirts from the U2 show because too many commenters are talking about this show.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ice-ts-final-level-joins-masses-talks-manslaughter-205735

• Like 12

congrats for the words , i cant in good conscience comment on the avclub tho even in HH's support

• Like 6

can you please make 'home debo' ???

also i've got some ideas for 'soul copter' and i'm gonna message you on FB about it.

• Like 1

i've been using celtx and i like it ok.

My favorite Celtics are Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett (former though they may be). Who are you favorite Celtics?

• Like 2

My favorite Celtics are Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett (former though they may be). Who are you favorite Celtics?

Definitely Chris Herren. When he was Unguarded he was amazing, then he stopped doing drugs and players started guarding him so he retired.

• Like 1

Definitely Chris Herren. When he was Unguarded he was amazing, then he stopped doing drugs and players started guarding him so he retired.

really want to like this more than once. shits OD funny.

My favorite Celtic of all time is Larry Bird, even though I never really got to watch him play. Thanks youtube! Current favorite Celtic has to be Rajon RANDO!

• Like 2

Thanks to all who contributed to the letter-writing campaign to get the show recognized as a hCertified Podcast by Podmass. Being reviewed by Podmass, "The Site for Podcasts," means you are officially a podcast on the Internet.

We have received our "You Made a Podcast" certificate and it's hanging in the studio on Engineer Sam's face (he has a zit). You all earned a piece of it by writing in to tell AV Club that Hollywood Handbook is "a podcast." Thank you again.

If you would like to comment on the Podmass post please make it a reference to the t-shirts from the U2 show because too many commenters are talking about this show.

http://www.avclub.com/article/ice-ts-final-level-joins-masses-talks-manslaughter-205735

I like the part when they said you're funnier than Dave Wain.

• Like 1

Not to take all the credit but most of the letters were probably from me. I sprained my pelvis doing an olly last month; had to take a sabbatical from my day job punching up 2 Broken Girls (the script not actual girls ROTFL!) Basically stayed inside and wrote letters to AV club. Tried to have my writers assistant write some of them, but he's so much worse than me and so terrible at everything that I did it myself.

• Like 5

Oh man, I just clicked on a link about celebrities who have had hard lives and it was wonderful.

Off topic, did you know Kelsey Grammar had a sister who was brutally raped and murdered?

BTW, anyone else hear Charlize Theron's mom shot and killed her dad?

• Like 2

Serious talk:

So, I have known about the AV Club for a long time but have never actually gone to their website before. I don't know why. I just haven't. With that in mind, is it weird that I find their website alienating and completely irrelevant to my own life?

I actually want an answer to this question.

...I should clarify, I want to like it; I just don't.

• Like 5

Oh man, I just clicked on a link about celebrities who have had hard lives and it was wonderful.

Off topic, did you know Kelsey Grammar had a sister who was brutally raped and murdered?

BTW, anyone else hear Charlize Theron's mom shot and killed her dad?

Speaking of celebs with hard lives. Our boy, Keanu.

http://www.baconwrappedmedia.com/the-reasons-why-keanu-reeves-is-so-sad/

• Like 1

Hey guys I decided to become a famous actor because I was being inspired by this show so much. Here is my acting reel doing a monologue. I didn't even prepare much so imagine what I can do when I prepare!

• Like 1

Serious talk:

So, I have known about the AV Club for a long time but have never actually gone to their website before. I don't know why. I just haven't. With that in mind, is it weird that I find their website alienating and completely irrelevant to my own life?

I actually want an answer to this question.

...I should clarify, I want to like it; I just don't.

the reason you dont like it is because it is bad

• Like 2

the reason you dont like it is because it is bad

...I thought that might be the case. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one who thought that and have it turn out that I was just in a bad mood today or something. Thank you for the validation! I now feel comfortable having my own opinions again.

• Like 1

Sorry Chanson and Greggy, but I think you're wrong about the AV Club. They are very smart and give very good reviews that you could steal if you weren't interesting enough to have opinions of your own and wanted to sound smart. I remember a reviewer saying about a certain movie "It's trying to be more than it is.. and I would argue that it succeeds." That's a very smart thing to say if you want it to be. Can you imagine somebody at the office asking what you thought of some movie and you drop that on them? They'd think you were deeper than the friggen V Sean wore a while ago.

• Like 5

Hey guys I decided to become a famous actor because I was being inspired by this show so much. Here is my acting reel doing a monologue. I didn't even prepare much so imagine what I can do when I prepare!

You are a gifted performer, Treese. Your kissy face made me laugh, while your thoughtful face-touching made me cry. Keep shining.

• Like 2

Asteck,

I can see that. I just don't think there's anything wrong with not knowing about something or not having seen something. I think it's interesting to hear someone else's take on something I don't know much about.

And that's probably an odd thing about me considering many people would call me a know-it-all. But the way you become a know-it-all is by listening, I suppose. As long as you're concerned about the factual accuracy of what you know.

• Like 1