🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 293 — Monster Muscles

21 and 22 Jump Street directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller join Scott & intern Gino Lambardo for special emergency bonus episode of Comedy Bing Bong! We’ll get into Lord & Miller’s career from Clone High to The Lego Movie, find out how a sequel to 21 Jump Street came to be, and hear a xclusy on their new project. Later, Scott’s new personal trainer R.J. Rise runs into the studio to give everyone tips on how to get some monster muscles. Plus, everyone shines in a game of Riddle Me This!

I know I said this last week, but Earwolf Thursdays are insane! Aprox 5 and a half hours of content today that I plan on listening to, and I still haven't managed to hear Monday's CBB.

I'm actually glad now that U Talkin U2 To Me? is going on hiatus* just because there are only so many hours in the week.

*but I really want an REM podcast in the fall!

• Like 2

What has four ears and no-nos? Two Paul Rusts.

• Like 13

the sully sullivan part made me lose control "that monster cheating death (fucking Geese!) his final destination"

but seriously what about the goonies

What has four ears and no-nos? Two Paul Rusts.

I just made that same joke on Twitter!

Fun episode, Gino is always aces.

Any one else laugh a ridiculous amount at that plugs theme? Because I certainly did.

• Like 17

Two of the best improvisers and two of the best directors and 1 of the best U2 fans in a podcast together? Well, thank you Earwolf for making maths fun again.

Any one else laugh a ridiculous amount at that plugs theme? Because I certainly did.

Like anything that repeats over and over again, it's a little funny, then it's not funny, then it's REALLY fucking funny. I wish it had kept going.

• Like 5

is it just me or does Eugene Cordero need to finally get a break!?

I enjoy him so much every time he's on this show or improv4humans... and he was great (albeit slightly underused) on Kroll Show and Season 3 of House of Pies. he brings that laid-back, Horatio Sanz-esque effortlessness to improv situations and even if he says or does something that doesn't make any sense, he still makes it work... not to mention his slightly ambiguous brown skin lets him experiment with different races, stereotypical or otherwise.

Legendary plugs theme.

This was a really fun episode, everyone came to play.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Gino's Carrot Top "Rules of Attraction" commentary reference.

OH MY GOD I JUST GOOGLED IT! THAT'S A REAL THING?!?!?!?!?

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

• Like 2

Can we a get an Intern-Off between Tracy, Marissa, Geno, J Montgomery Scott and Lil Gary?

They're all skilled at the craft of internship, but who's the best?

I'm finally posting to say I just -- on the Metra home from tonight's CBB show in Chicago -- started laughing so hard during the plugs theme, inhaled my hair and started choking.

Thanks for all the laughs today, Scottrick.

ETA: man that first paragraph is a god damn mess.

• Like 2