🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 138 — Old Boots

Join humans Billy Merritt, Joe Hartzler, Brian Huskey, and Sean Conroy as they search for an after hours club called Blowjobers, participate in a deadly game of chess with a short tempered player, and follow a student who is accused of being a vampire based on who he hangs out with on today’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! Plus, an i4h listener steps up to defend Mississippi in another edition of Case Closed. Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! Check out improv4humans with Matt Besser LIVE at the Blue Whale Comedy Festival in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday, June 14th!

"I have a subpoena for you" as the perfect possible ending to a sketch is the new "Bend over and I'll show you" as the perfect possible answer to ANY question.

In regards to the Mississippi debate, let's keep in mind that they did not officially ABOLISH SLAVERY til FEB 7, 2013.

• Like 1

"That's a big girlfriend." - Matt Besser. Jerk.

I assume you're calling my character a jerk? I would never say something rude like that. #blessed

• Like 1

"That's a big girlfriend." - Matt Besser. Jerk.

Yeah, that one stung and kinda put me in a foul mood for the rest of the episode. Especially since it wasn't part of a scene.

• Like 2

I couldn't hear anyone on the call except for matt, but it was very difficult, so I apologize for talking over people's points (or not even hearing them.) Thanks for letting me do the show!

• Like 5

Yeah, that one stung and kinda put me in a foul mood for the rest of the episode. Especially since it wasn't part of a scene.

To be fair it was just off the cuff, when you are on air that often you are bound to say something inflammatory, I wouldn't take any offense to it, I really doubt Matt was trying to be malicious towards the heavier ladies.

I couldn't hear anyone on the call except for matt, but it was very difficult, so I apologize for talking over people's points (or not even hearing them.) Thanks for letting me do the show!

you did a good job stepp, much better than any other case closed i can remember

• Like 3

there were definitely musical notes, and lyrics about squarespace. if it was 'funny' i didnt get the joke, but im a big dumb lummox irregardless

• Like 1

For any Go Bayside! fans out there, I bet this is the most popular shirt on the alien planet in the last scene:

Boots_zps83053300.png

• Like 1

To be fair it was just off the cuff, when you are on air that often you are bound to say something inflammatory, I wouldn't take any offense to it, I really doubt Matt was trying to be malicious towards the heavier ladies.

Jesus christ, 'heavier.' Yeah, all of us enormous fatties over 100 lbs. I think dudes have no idea how much ladies really weigh. Also it's crazy how Matt's comment came about from discussing a male improviser's weight loss and that immediately turned into shaming an imaginary girlfriend for being fat.

I have no doubt his comment was off the cuff and not malicious, and that's why it bothers me. It's such an automatic reaction to call a woman fat. I've never been overweight, but growing up I was a head taller than all the boys until 6th grade. I heard every variation of a fat slur, and I wasn't even fat. I can't imagine how much worse it is for someone who struggles with their weight. I would hope that someone with a daughter would learn some sensitivity to this, because this is one of the major areas of bullshit most girls face as they grow up.

• Like 6

Jesus christ, 'heavier.' Yeah, all of us enormous fatties over 100 lbs. I think dudes have no idea how much ladies really weigh. Also it's crazy how Matt's comment came about from discussing a male improviser's weight loss and that immediately turned into shaming an imaginary girlfriend for being fat.

I have no doubt his comment was off the cuff and not malicious, and that's why it bothers me. It's such an automatic reaction to call a woman fat. I've never been overweight, but growing up I was a head taller than all the boys until 6th grade. I heard every variation of a fat slur, and I wasn't even fat. I can't imagine how much worse it is for someone who struggles with their weight. I would hope that someone with a daughter would learn some sensitivity to this, because this is one of the major areas of bullshit most girls face as they grow up.

I'm sorry I said that. It was very howard stern show of me.

• Like 10

Sign in to follow this