Episode 59 — Kevin Smith, SModCast Founder

4 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,639 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

The multitalented Kevin Smith is Jeff’s guest for this episode of The Wolf Den. Kevin says that he’ll always be called “director Kevin Smith,” but the truth is that he’s “done way more podcasts” than films. He tells Jeff why he got started podcasting and decided to build a network, discussing the stories behind Smodcast shows like “Fatman on Batman” and “Hollywood Babbleon.” Then Kevin explains why he thinks TV and movie development people are looking at podcasting for their next deal, and what the future holds for this medium.

#2 Loco_por_los_Cornballs

Pool Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

Prediction: Kevin says "big bad way" and/or "dropped science."
Check out my "Never Not Funny" fan tumblr: http://nevernotpics.tumblr.com/

#3 AndyKneis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say how inspiring this podcast is. Hearing how excited Jeff and his guests are about this new medium and all the possibilities is so fun to hear and makes me want to get out there and seize whatever opportunities are out there. Every time I listen I feel like I get a surge of creativity. As much as I love podcasts, The Wolf Den is the one I can think of that gives me that creative juice. I love it. Keep up the great work!

#4 Jeff Ullrich

CEO

• Host
  • 251 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostAndyKneis, on 12 June 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

I just wanted to chime in and say how inspiring this podcast is. Hearing how excited Jeff and his guests are about this new medium and all the possibilities is so fun to hear and makes me want to get out there and seize whatever opportunities are out there. Every time I listen I feel like I get a surge of creativity. As much as I love podcasts, The Wolf Den is the one I can think of that gives me that creative juice. I love it. Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Very nice to hear.

#5 Homer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:09 PM

Obese guy in a hockey jersey making a whacky face