🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 59 — Kevin Smith, SModCast Founder

The multitalented Kevin Smith is Jeff’s guest for this episode of The Wolf Den. Kevin says that he’ll always be called “director Kevin Smith,” but the truth is that he’s “done way more podcasts” than films. He tells Jeff why he got started podcasting and decided to build a network, discussing the stories behind Smodcast shows like “Fatman on Batman” and “Hollywood Babbleon.” Then Kevin explains why he thinks TV and movie development people are looking at podcasting for their next deal, and what the future holds for this medium.

I just wanted to chime in and say how inspiring this podcast is. Hearing how excited Jeff and his guests are about this new medium and all the possibilities is so fun to hear and makes me want to get out there and seize whatever opportunities are out there. Every time I listen I feel like I get a surge of creativity. As much as I love podcasts, The Wolf Den is the one I can think of that gives me that creative juice. I love it. Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

I just wanted to chime in and say how inspiring this podcast is. Hearing how excited Jeff and his guests are about this new medium and all the possibilities is so fun to hear and makes me want to get out there and seize whatever opportunities are out there. Every time I listen I feel like I get a surge of creativity. As much as I love podcasts, The Wolf Den is the one I can think of that gives me that creative juice. I love it. Keep up the great work!

Thanks so much for the kind words. Very nice to hear.

• Like 1

Obese guy in a hockey jersey making a whacky face

This episode was a huge inspiration / eureka moment while I've been on my latest deployment. In particular, I found the industry talk to be eye-opening. Even after listening to virtually the entire Earwolf catalog, I still had only the vaguest notion of how this sort of content is monetized outside of the occasional t-shirt sale.

Thanks for this C+ episode, Jeff. I start recording the second I'm back stateside.

Sign in to follow this