🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVgxje9I-B0

The long awaited return of Crazy Nick Cage. You guys have let him toil in the shadows long enough. Come July 11th, its time to take it back to where it all (sort of) started.

This movie really got on my nerves because I guessed the ending too quickly. it wasn't a real shocker. . Its not as crazy of a cage movie as some of his other works. like vampires kiss. its more like Trespass and Stolen, nick-cage save my daughter revenge flick. Season of the Witch is the same plot-line. I still think "vampires kiss" and "The Bad Lieutenant" are the big HDTGM contenders here.

Whats the score board for nick-cage save my daughter revenge flicks, anyone?

that picture on the youtube video would make a great nick cage cry with me pillow..

1q1fvd.jpg

I will give this movie credit for turning into a fully-fledged PSA regarding gun safety in the final 15 minutes.

Did not see that coming.

What I like is that the way the starting moment occurred for the whole film relied on what is basically a trophy weapon that hasn't been used in nearly two decades is both A) loaded and B maintained well enough that it would fire without blowing up the user's hand. I also like that the Irish mobster is played by a Russian actor known for his at times hammy roles as Russian mobsters in Peter Stormare. Was Mark Wahlburg not available for the head of the Russian Mob?

I watched this on Netflix last night. I was trying to determine where this movie took place. This movie is, essentially, a giant after school special.

• Like 1

I watched a lot of nic cage movies so I figured the storyline quickly. most likely not LA, most likely Surfer boy in the big N.O. his house looks like the kind of houses you see off of the french quarter.

This movie contains the best Nic Cage freak outs I've ever seen. Maybe not the best HDTGM candidate, but a prime candidate for a youtube super-cut.

I didn't see this in the forum just yet. Looks like Cage has a few turds out on Netflix right now, and this one is choice. And just what in the hell happened to Danny Glover's career?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(2014_film)

"Paul's patience with the police ends completely when Caitlin's body is found in a storm drain. After her funeral, the wheelchair-bound O'Connell strongly suggests that Paul allow the police to handle the investigation, reasoning that Paul was allowed to walk out of the mob, and therefore he should stay away from mob methods.

Paul and his buddies shake down and rough up anyone they can find who might be connected to Chernov, the legendary mob boss whose money they stole seventeen years earlier and whom they think was involved in Caitlin's murder. O'Connell pleads with Paul to stop his rampage, but he refuses. Vanessa, who initially backed her husband's search, now fears he's becoming the killer he once was. But there exists another possibility: perhaps he has always been a violent man and can never truly leave that life behind.

After executing some of Chernov's men and wrecking their businesses, Paul's buddies are targeted by Chernov. When Kane is captured and tortured, he tries to get Chernov to admit to killing Caitlin as revenge for the heist decades ago. Chernov is perplexed, but also angry that Paul did the long-ago crime, as the Russian mobster they killed turns out to have been Chernov's brother. Meanwhile, Paul thinks Danny had to have talked because the friend is directly working for O'Connell once again, and Danny uses drugs and parties and may have talked and not remembered. He confronts Danny, accuses him of ratting, and knifes him in a moment of wrath."

Sorry, mods. I did a search for this badboy and nothing came up. I'm glad I am not the only one interested in these wrecks from Cage's 2014 marathon.

This received quite possibly one of the best headlines ever in its AV Club review: "Despite all the Rage, it's a lackluster Nicolas Cage."