🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 80 — D&Darping

Dag, Houg, Lyra, and Winter have escaped from the clutches of the roc and found themselves in an abandoned church atop of a mountain. What will they find inside? Plus, a very special friend joins the gang on their adventure!

The episode ends abruptly at 1:09:34. Either the upload to SoundCloud failed or Winter's fumble was critical enough to destroy the entire campaign.

• Like 5

The episode ends abruptly at 1:09:34. Either the upload to SoundCloud failed or Winter's fumble was critical enough to destroy the entire campaign.

I listen via iTunes and my download ended early too. I wonder what happened.

Thanks for the heads up, currently fixing.

Hey gang!

The episode is fixed, and should be uploaded shortly!

I AM IRON MAN.

• Like 4

Good episode, other than the abrupt ending (redownloading now), also the first act was even better than Never Not Funny's take-your-child-to-work-day style ep a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Awesome episode. Blaine was on fire (on something anyway?!?)

Hilarious

35mins before they even start playing, I love this style for the show!

I think it should be said - in order to cut off all the rules lawyers reading - that they aren't really playing D&D any more. Bleyn is just making up rules as he goes along. As long as everyone is having fun, it doesn't really matter. So let's not have any more "THAT'S NOT HOW MAGIC MISSILE WORKS!" comments, okay? It works exactly how the GM says it works.

• Like 3

I think it should be said - in order to cut off all the rules lawyers reading - that they aren't really playing D&D any more. Bleyn is just making up rules as he goes along. As long as everyone is having fun, it doesn't really matter. So let's not have any more "THAT'S NOT HOW MAGIC MISSILE WORKS!" comments, okay? It works exactly how the GM says it works.

It's funny because the show has a kid repeating everything anyone says for 20 minutes, they don't even play D&D for half an hour, the episode abruptly ends mid sentence, Blaine can't remember Winter's name and seems surprised when he is reminded of it, Blaine played a magic user for a year and now can't remember any of the mechanics of that class a month later as DM, there is almost always someone missing every episode, and yet the main thing people complain about on the forums is whether or not you guys remembered to apply the strength bonus or whether or not magic missile works that way. I almost think that the errors in D&Ding are just to throw everyone off the scent of all the rest of it.

Anyways, the rampant unprofessionalism is actually kind of endearing and I suspect is equally entertaining than them just straight playing D&D the whole time. There was a lull there when Sark was checked out for the end of the racapades through the first 2 1/2 episodes of Blaine DMing, but now the show seems to have found its groove again. It would be a lot better if Gerry could make it consistently, though. He usually steers everyone in bizarre directions.

• Like 1

I found Stargoyle, he has morphed into Jess the cat in Postman Pat the movie. Guess no exciting surprises there any more...

I found Stargoyle, he has morphed into Jess the cat in Postman Pat the movie. Guess no exciting surprises there any more...

How dare you?! Stargoyle was mentally connected to Blackie Green, if he/she/it morph into anything it would be an upgrade, like morphing into a Soulgoyle (did I just spoil, that feels like a spoiler...) largely cause his 19? 20? 21? Charisma.....but tastey souls make that really possible...............possible spoiler alert?

Well, this episode clinched it for me... Im done, I cant listen any more....

terrible, simply terrible.