πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 47 β€” Perspectives on Writing

In Episode 19 of Season 3, authors Michael, Michael, and special guest author Susan Orlean wet their beaks with the topic of Perspectives on Writing: From Cave Drawings to Computer Code and Back. What is the difference between Non-fiction and Fiction writing? What does the phrase Creative Non-fiction mean? Are cave drawings considered Non-fiction? Tune in as Michael, Michael, and Susan get their beaks wet as they discuss a juicy topic filled with words and language.

β€œTopics” features original music by Dan Deacon.

I found this topic highly instructive as to what the difference is between non-fiction and fiction. I was once banned from a reading group because I argued the Lord of the Rings was non-fiction because it was a truthful account of their journey to Mordor. Now I see that even if Tolkien told us everything that happened (see the Simarillion), there wasn't actually a Middle Earth, hobbits, or a Sauron trying to take over the country.

Β 

Well, there is not archaeological record, yet, but I imagine it's because they can't dig deep enough with all the big cities covering Europe and England.

Sign in to follow this