🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 39 — Sean O'Connor, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes discuss good apologies and give out awards to the most choice critics in a segment called "Choice Critics Critic's Choice Awards". Then, hilarious stand-up comic Sean O'Connor is in the studio to talk to the guys about ruling @midnight and the guys break down the specifics of Sean's album. Finally, the Popcorn Gallery is back to ask about paradoxes and Ben Hoffman and everyone gets a new name.

• Like 2

Best open ever, I'm 8 minutes in and this is my new favorite episode.

I certainly side with Hayes on this one, grow up Sean...

• Like 6

I think Cards Against Humanity is going to really love that ad that they didn't even ask you to read (which, let me just say, is an epic win)

I can't believe Game of Scones gets the best pro version prize. I mean I love the kid but he's a fucking nobody and doesn't deserve shit

• Like 8

I really liked Sean going "whoa-oh" as Hayes threw to the guest segment (around 17:55) I've set it as my new ring-tone.

• Like 10

The reaction to Game of Scones getting an actual prize was hilarious. I laughed so hard at Sean calling him a "deep cut."

I finally get why my dad wanted me to learn the lesson that life is unfair. If I'd just listened to him then maybe this wouldn't hurt so goddamn much.

• Like 9

I'm still waiting for Hayes to allow Sean to finish his point. I thought that was a little disrespectful but not even close to the disrespect Shitbird displayed throughout the entire guest segment. David Cone was a great guest and he mentioned Koko B. Ware so I liked him.

• Like 3

I'm having trouble finding the in studio photos for this episode. Now I'm stuck in my house until I find out what I should be wearing.

• Like 2

haven't quite finished up the eppy just yet. i was so dog gonned thrilled to hear my home-flyover-state of ohio being said, OUT LOUD mind you, by hayes that i had to go outside and get some air. then while i was out there i noticed that the wheat fields needed tending to so i got on that, and then i realized i hadnt fed the little chickies today, so i need to do that too and it just goes on and on and on here at the farm. its a real "zoo" over here! (not really)

but i promise ill finish it up just the second that i finish giving the piggies their slop today

• Like 11

love when im feeding slop to the pigs to dip my face in and get some slop for myself- secret between me & the piggies

• Like 10

But, I don't have a facebook :(

I think Cards Against Humanity is going to really love that ad that they didn't even ask you to read (which, let me just say, is an epic win)

I can't believe Game of Scones gets the best pro version prize. I mean I love the kid but he's a fucking nobody and doesn't deserve shit

None of these words offend me.

The reaction to Game of Scones getting an actual prize was hilarious. I laughed so hard at Sean calling him a "deep cut."

I finally get why my dad wanted me to learn the lesson that life is unfair. If I'd just listened to him then maybe this wouldn't hurt so goddamn much.

Is deep cut a vagina reference? I hope they're not having a laugh about me.

• Like 7

Thanks Sean and Hayes for that little moment at 29:10 where you go "Aaaaaah" and it sounds like singing. You better believe that shit's getting autotuned and put into the longest Popcorn Gallery theme these message boards have ever seen

• Like 6

I liked this episode.

Sean O'Connor's voice made me feel less insecure about my own voice.

I also liked that points were given out.

Also, Engineer Sam, why did you decide to assume the identity of Engineer Cody today?

• Like 6

The nimeties were a bad time. Just look at those fucker monkeys.

This episode was really funny! I liked all the times "points" was said in a tiny voice, and also the other parts.

• Like 2

Hey guys I thought this ep was really funny, especially the first eight minutes. Then I thought that some of the banter was very hilarious between Sean and Hayes, and then I thought that Sean O'Connor was a funny and charming guest as well, and his voice really made me feel good. Thought they were a little mean to us, though (except the new teachers' pet, Game of Scones).

EDIT: Actually these comments did remind me that they referred to Game of Scones as a "deep cut" which was probably the meanest thing they've said to any of us ever. It was also very funny.

• Like 6

Sorry guys, The Bloodhound Gang isn't a funny band because their guitars still have the normal amount of strings. Comedy is about the unexpected which is why you laugh so hard when you see the guys from The Presidents of the United States and you go "what the heck? they only have maybe 3 or 4 strings on that guitar"

also can I be totally honest down here in a small font? I remember as a boy when I heard of that band I just assumed they all actually were former presidents of the United States. Like from before I was born or something

• Like 5

it sounds like i should heel turn

you should, because your face is killing me!!!!!

• Like 2

I liked this episode.

You and I both got taken down a peg or two by this episode.

• Like 3

You and I both got taken down a peg or two by this episode.

I'm afraid that dissent will lead to me not even being on a peg. So I support my being taken down a peg so long as I am still allowed to have a peg.

• Like 3

Another great ep! These guys can't miss! I was lol'n no doubt.

I couldn't stop laughing when Sean(the real non-guest sean) said "Of course it's not the same as horniness for a man because the woman don't know what's happening to her body when it's happening."

and then he said he jacks off... "I think."

Hayes kept saying points and I laughed everytime.

And I'm sorry to Sean O'Connor for bringing up Terminators. I should be more sensitive. But part of me feels like maybe Sean O'Connor avoided the question because he is a terminator and he's gotten so used to being human that he decided to do funny stuff. I wish I could've asked him to say the words "I'm a cybernetic organism," in order to see if it matches up with Tom Arnold Schwarz from the 2nd terminator movie.

Also, what's a paradox?

• Like 6

Thank you for reminding me that I still know every word to that song.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Edit: I do too, but I like to think that people would find that fact charming and non-threatening about myself like they do when I know all the words to Baby Got Back.

• Like 3