Episode 88 — Mr. Nanny: LIVE!

50 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,637 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 07 July 2014 - 11:57 PM

HULKAMNIA is back brother! Recorded LIVE at Largo in Los Angeles, Rob Corddry joins Paul, June, & Jason to talk about how Mr. Nanny has changed his mind on enjoying movies all together. They’ll discuss the casual dog throw into the ocean at the very beginning, Terry “Hulk” Hogan fingering a pie, Buster Poindexter as the villain, and the pit of blood. Plus, Rob shares his daughter’s commentary of the movie and everyone asks themselves what really happened at the end of this movie.

#2 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

David Johansen loses every bit of credibility he earned from the New York Dolls for his performance and songs in this movie.

#3 dreamingofhalls

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

such a fucking good episode Rob was a fantastic guest this movie is insane

#4 rararachel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

I saw this live show when they recorded it, and my mind blocked out the dog being thrown into the river until now. Maybe the most insane thing I've ever seen happen in the background of a feature film.

#5 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

As much as I love Bill Murray, I'd kill for a fan edit of the "Garfield" movies with Shieky's voice dubbed in. All will be humbled.
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#6 wyldride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Oh, well sure -- Dog throw: https://www.youtube....h?v=FGoOweTRht4 Perfectly normal.

#7 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:51 AM

Listening to where Hulk is in the beginning of the film, with the PTSD and his erratic behavior, I'm kind of imagining this as an alternate universe, PG version of the Chris Benoit story. I'm only 25 minutes in, so I apologize if this actually comes up later...

#8 Avaryl Halley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

http://youtu.be/JybA_nSPnG0

#9 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

"We don't throw matches..."

#10 Walter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

Nobody mentioned the disturbing metal head-buffing scene. He seemed to be getting some sort of illicit gratification from it.

#11 theforeverlostsoul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

The dog thing is amazing*! As they all agree during the podcast, there's no way the editors didn't notice it, so what made them keep it in? It looks like there was a lot of footage of Terry Hogan on his bike in various locations, surely they could have chosen another piece of footage?

*By amazing, I mean horrifying

#12 broncotruck11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

They should have talked about how the the villain didn't like loud or screeching sounds...like another HDTGM movies. Spider-man three's Topher Grace.

#13 Shannon

------- Moderator ------- Mother of Wolves

• Administrators
  • 964 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

I couldn't help it... I had to gif the dog throw for people (like June) who need to see it over and over again

Posted Image

the worst part was honestly having to hear "you want an ice cream pop, they'll give you a boot to lick" repeatedly while making it.... what a weeeeird song

#14 imhatch

im on the forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

i relate to this movie because i too just wanna go fishing in the deep blue sea

#15 literallygarbage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

View Posttheforeverlostsoul, on 08 July 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

The dog thing is amazing*! As they all agree during the podcast, there's no way the editors didn't notice it, so what made them keep it in? It looks like there was a lot of footage of Terry Hogan on his bike in various locations, surely they could have chosen another piece of footage?

*By amazing, I mean horrifying

Agreed! If you watch it again, the music hits when the dog lands in the water. My theory: it was totally random, maybe a guy teaching his dog to swim (I don't know, I'm not a dog person), and the editors, and probably other folks left it in on purpose because they knew the movie was awful and it was a little inside thing that kept them sane.

#16 literallygarbage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

ALSO! Hulk is wiping his damn nose in the shot, which is something I think they would have cut out normally.

#17 Newbie by Nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

I felt so embarrassed for the first audience member who asked a question... the "Catered by TV dinners" guy.

#18 broncotruck11

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yeah. The show was great but some of the audience members were a little cringe worthy.

#19 SlidePocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

I don't know if you guys noticed, but just two months after you guys recorded the episode, Mr. Nanny director Michael Gottlieb was killed in a motorcycle accident last May, which was also two months before the episode even went up online.

#20 Annie GS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I don't know if this is possible, but was Dog Thrower just trying to do some impromptu prop comedy? Like, he saw the filming and thought, "Here's my chance! What am I going to do?" /panics/ /throws dog/