🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 88 — Mr. Nanny: LIVE!

HULKAMNIA is back brother! Recorded LIVE at Largo in Los Angeles, Rob Corddry joins Paul, June, & Jason to talk about how Mr. Nanny has changed his mind on enjoying movies all together. They’ll discuss the casual dog throw into the ocean at the very beginning, Terry “Hulk” Hogan fingering a pie, Buster Poindexter as the villain, and the pit of blood. Plus, Rob shares his daughter’s commentary of the movie and everyone asks themselves what really happened at the end of this movie.

David Johansen loses every bit of credibility he earned from the New York Dolls for his performance and songs in this movie.

• Like 3

such a fucking good episode Rob was a fantastic guest this movie is insane

• Like 2

I saw this live show when they recorded it, and my mind blocked out the dog being thrown into the river until now. Maybe the most insane thing I've ever seen happen in the background of a feature film.

• Like 1

As much as I love Bill Murray, I'd kill for a fan edit of the "Garfield" movies with Shieky's voice dubbed in. All will be humbled.

• Like 1

Listening to where Hulk is in the beginning of the film, with the PTSD and his erratic behavior, I'm kind of imagining this as an alternate universe, PG version of the Chris Benoit story. I'm only 25 minutes in, so I apologize if this actually comes up later...

• Like 3

Nobody mentioned the disturbing metal head-buffing scene. He seemed to be getting some sort of illicit gratification from it.

• Like 1

The dog thing is amazing*! As they all agree during the podcast, there's no way the editors didn't notice it, so what made them keep it in? It looks like there was a lot of footage of Terry Hogan on his bike in various locations, surely they could have chosen another piece of footage?

*By amazing, I mean horrifying

• Like 1

They should have talked about how the the villain didn't like loud or screeching sounds...like another HDTGM movies. Spider-man three's Topher Grace.

I couldn't help it... I had to gif the dog throw for people (like June) who need to see it over and over again

20houmh.jpg

the worst part was honestly having to hear "you want an ice cream pop, they'll give you a boot to lick" repeatedly while making it.... what a weeeeird song

• Like 16

i relate to this movie because i too just wanna go fishing in the deep blue sea

The dog thing is amazing*! As they all agree during the podcast, there's no way the editors didn't notice it, so what made them keep it in? It looks like there was a lot of footage of Terry Hogan on his bike in various locations, surely they could have chosen another piece of footage?

*By amazing, I mean horrifying

Agreed! If you watch it again, the music hits when the dog lands in the water. My theory: it was totally random, maybe a guy teaching his dog to swim (I don't know, I'm not a dog person), and the editors, and probably other folks left it in on purpose because they knew the movie was awful and it was a little inside thing that kept them sane.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but just two months after you guys recorded the episode, Mr. Nanny director Michael Gottlieb was killed in a motorcycle accident last May, which was also two months before the episode even went up online.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is possible, but was Dog Thrower just trying to do some impromptu prop comedy? Like, he saw the filming and thought, "Here's my chance! What am I going to do?" /panics/ /throws dog/

• Like 6

I just have so many questions about that dog. In my mind there's no way it could have been unintentional. If that guy was a nobody that got caught in the scene surely someone along the line would say "lets do that again but without the guy." So assuming the guy there is a paid actor, there's no way the dog was there by accident. Someone made the choice to have the dog there by the water. I just can't believe that that dog throw wasn't intentional.

• Like 1

Great episode. Amazing job covering the seemingly endless amount of crazy in this movie. The one thing that bugged me was that this man is in possession of a micro chip that has changed missile defense technology, yet his only security is his ex-wrestler nanny and the fact that he carries it with him at all times.(in his pocket in a case like an engagement ring.) Shouldn't he have more security? He has a chief of security(who turns out to be a mole), but that guy doesn't seem to do anything, or be in charge of anyone. Wouldn't the government/military be involved in this? Also, the guy ripping the safe out of the wall, then tearing it open was fucking insane.

Jason mentioned something about doing a movie written by this guy before since he wrote Mannequin and Mannequin: On the Move. I think he was thinking about the director or Mannequin: On the Move, who also directed Mac and Me.

I don't know if this is possible, but was Dog Thrower just trying to do some impromptu prop comedy? Like, he saw the filming and thought, "Here's my chance! What am I going to do?" /panics/ /throws dog/

This made me giggle like a school girl. I'm a man.

• Like 2

I give you my tribute to my favorite character from Mr. Nanny, Wolfgang the bad Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabee henchman:

Sign in to follow this