🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 299 — Don’t Hack the SAC

Really fun episode. Claudia is very funny, plus an Australian accent automatically makes anything 20% funnier.

Cliche or not, Scott asking if records go the opposite way in Australia cracked me up.

• Like 2

My heart almost stopped during the pause between Scott asking "You gonna stay a while?" and then singing Staind-style "Stay a while!"

The way Scott threw this line away was fucking masterful.

• Like 2

Speaking of Scott, I heard SCOTS (Southern Culture on the Skids) on "Lame Claim to Fame." Hack the SAC!

Hey, BTW everyone, if you enjoyed Claudia, or if you haven't even listened to the episode yet (like me), you owe it to yourself to check out her shorts from BBC4 Channel 4:

She's so great.

Edit: I didn't know what the difference between Channel 4 and BBC4 was.

Thanks for posting, this is really funny.

ah, I'm glad this episode reminded of the age-old adage "If you have a show, don't put your butt in it"

take notes, Louie... however, I'm looking forward to see Scott's little butt in the CBB Season 3 finale.

When Scott was talking about being weirded out by seeing people naked on tv all i could think of was this...

tumblr_mjgvqcrVqX1rojduwo5_500.gif(x)

I'm sure you thought we'd forget Scott, but you can't ever forget something like that

• Like 8

Claudia is one charming motherfucker.

• Like 4

The fucking taint on this guy!

It taint misbehavin'!

• Like 1

Yes, that. The wound left by its absence is too fresh.

my sincere aplogies. you are correct and the wound is still too fresh and too raw. and it hurts.

Hey, BTW everyone, if you enjoyed Claudia, or if you haven't even listened to the episode yet (like me), you owe it to yourself to check out her shorts from BBC4 Channel 4:

She's so great.

Edit: I didn't know what the difference between Channel 4 and BBC4 was.

I notice this happens a lot. Do Americans just not know we have channels besides the BBC or something?

Actually I suppose confusion could arise from the fact that BBC America will show channel 4 productions.

I notice this happens a lot. Do Americans just not know we have channels besides the BBC or something?

I think "Channel 4" is just such a generic name that it can easily lead to confusion.

I almost forgot to make my obligatory positive comment about Mildred & Patty Hill being mentioned, even if PFT wasn't there to call them old spinsters or crones.

The fucking taint on this guy!

It's insane, that guy's taint!

• Like 1

Actually I suppose confusion could arise from the fact that BBC America will show channel 4 productions.

yeah, I love lots of Channel 4 shows (Peep Show, Green Wing, Friday Night Dinner, Toast of London... or anything Chris Morris, Graham Linehan or Charlie Brooker are involved in) and I have to be honest, I always thought it was shorthand for BBC Four. you have to admit, it does become a bit confusing when the main BBC channels are named One, Two, Three and Four...

kind of off topic, but this thread reminded me... earlier this year, Channel 4 aired a pilot of a show called Babylon. it was directed by Danny Boyle and written by Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong and it was (to use a colloquialism) fucking brilliant... do any of the Brits that post here have some idea if/when that might be coming back? the internet hasn't been much help whenever I try looking it up...

• Like 1

Was not familiar with Claudia's work before, she was so hilarious in an understated way in this episode. In fact, I was unaware that comedy existed in Australia. Thanks for introducing me to a new continent of comedy! I hope she stops by again, especially since she is probably going to be in this hemisphere indefinitely.

• Like 4

'Foil' really does have a pretty amazing twist mid-way through.

It really does. I must hand it to Sir Alfred, I was expecting it to just be a food song, then I guessed he was going to be a serial killer when he wrapped the plastic over his face in the video. When the twist came my mouth opened a little, but then laughing sounds came out of it and all was well.

I LOVE every time the Vicker of Yanks comes on! It automatically straight from the start always feels like the old school "glory days" of CBB! SO MUCH FUN!!!!

• Like 3

My heart almost stopped during the pause between Scott asking "You gonna stay a while?" and then singing Staind-style "Stay a while!"

I felt the same way! After the first part, it was like time stood still and I imagined him saying it in that style, then a wave of disappointment when I feared he wouldn't, followed by the joyful reminder that Scotty still got it!

Though I also felt the same way when they discussed Al's wages at the tin-foil factory, and really hoped to hear "How you Wage, Bro"!

I do worry how much these catchphrases have invaded my mind and how any use of language that is similar automatically converts into U2/CBB catchphrase style in my mind....

• Like 5

kind of off topic, but this thread reminded me... earlier this year, Channel 4 aired a pilot of a show called Babylon. it was directed by Danny Boyle and written by Sam Bain and Jesse Armstrong and it was (to use a colloquialism) fucking brilliant... do any of the Brits that post here have some idea if/when that might be coming back? the internet hasn't been much help whenever I try looking it up...

this TV pilot is actually screening at the Melbourne International Film Festival. I don't know why. but it is.

Was not familiar with Claudia's work before, she was so hilarious in an understated way in this episode. In fact, I was unaware that comedy existed in Australia. Thanks for introducing me to a new continent of comedy! I hope she stops by again, especially since she is probably going to be in this hemisphere indefinitely.

If you want to hear some more hilarious Australian comedy you should listen to The Sweetest Plum and The Little Dum Dum Club. and I Love Green Guide Letters.