🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 299 — Don’t Hack the SAC

Returning champion and the titular “Weird Al” Yankovic of the new album Mandatory Fun is here on this week’s very special Tuesday episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! which is a mandatory listen! “Weird Al” gives us a taste of his new album, explains what his process is like when writing a parody song, and tells us about his #8Videos8Days project. Then, a newcomer to the show who is a former internet troll & current contest winner Claudia O’Doherty drops by to talk about her trip to America all the way from Australia. Go pick up “Weird Al” Yankovic’s new album Mandatory Fun wherever music is sold!

• Like 2

Not listened yet, but already looking forward to this. Claudia is so good.

pretty funny episode. I was wondering who was playing Claudia until after the show I found out it was...Claudia. She was funny and I'd like to hear her on again. Al was hilarious as always. I only wish they had created more song parodies.

oh yeah, Scott, Universal Studios DOES have a year round haunted house. It's the first attraction on the left after that main street.

"it may just be because i was doing that u2 show forever"

DON'T REMIND ME, SCOTT

</3

• Like 5

Please have the Vicar of Yanks explain the supernatural methods he uses to remain so youthful and energetic.

Hey, BTW everyone, if you enjoyed Claudia, or if you haven't even listened to the episode yet (like me), you owe it to yourself to check out her shorts from BBC4 Channel 4:

She's so great.

Edit: I didn't know what the difference between Channel 4 and BBC4 was.

• Like 2

god darnit. i seriously just buy everything that's featured on this show... i guess the kid's not gonna get his smooshed peas this week.

also:

"it may just be because i was doing that u2 show forever"

DON'T REMIND ME, SCOTT

</3

i don't know what your problem is and i don't want to know but you better grow up fast becase utu2tm is god's gift to everyone.

• Like 1

Think she was saying "don't remind me" because she misses it.

• Like 9

Hey, BTW everyone, if you enjoyed Claudia, or if you haven't even listened to the episode yet (like me), you owe it to yourself to check out her shorts from BBC4:

She's so great.

The shorts are from channel 4, not BBC4. It really doesn't matter, but channel 4 has been great at giving alternative comedians more a voice in the uk, and BBC4 is mainly documentaries about trains and Scandinavian dramas, so I wouldn't like to see them get credit for this.

• Like 3

Think she was saying "don't remind me" because she misses it.

Yes, that. The wound left by its absence is too fresh.

• Like 4

My heart almost stopped during the pause between Scott asking "You gonna stay a while?" and then singing Staind-style "Stay a while!"

• Like 9

I am so so so sad that I already spent my itunes allowance for the month and will have to wait a few weeks to get the new album (yeah I still buy all my music wanna fight about it?) But with all these new videos these 8 days are gonna feel like Christmas every day (or maybe Hanukkah)

I really like today's video. The guy who did the typography made a Jonathan Coulton video that I've been obsessed with for years

• Like 5

The riffing in this was so smooth.

Also, I appreciate the level of Hanna-Barbera discussion in this episode. I fondly recall the utterly terrible Hanna-Barbera ride at Universal Studios Orlando.

• Like 1

as much as I love Brian Eno's music, Scott calling him "Ol' Sourpuss" will literally never get old.

and I think using "Halt and Catch Fire" as a verb is really going to enter the lexicon... especially with computer programmers and AMC-watchers

• Like 4

BBC4 is mainly documentaries about trains

tumblr_mhud7sEhbz1qzquwto1_1280.jpg

Their affinity for wearing rolling skates must be documented!

• Like 2

CBB has the most ads of any popular podcast that I listen to.

I'm not hating the player, by the way...

ah, I'm glad this episode reminded of the age-old adage "If you have a show, don't put your butt in it"

take notes, Louie... however, I'm looking forward to see Scott's "little butt" in the CBB Season 3 finale.

Ms. O'Doherty was great. I watched all of her BBC 4 videos and those were great as well. I hope she will return.