Episode 88.5 — Minisode 88.5

38 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,536 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Next week we are traveling to Canada for a special treat about a bear that comes to life called Gooby. Paul brings us an exclusive from Nick de Semlyen of Empire magazine who interviewed Peter Fonda and asked him about his thoughts on Easy Rider 2. Then, Paul brings back the segment “Like, Hate Like, and Hate” and decides if Nicolas Cage would have made Mr. Nanny better. Plus, we still are begging to know who threw that dog in the water during Corrections & Omissions for Mr. Nanny and Paul chooses the best Arnold Schwarzenegger line to yell during climax as he answers your Qs. Follow @HDTGM on Twitter to find out when more tix will be released for HDTGM LIVE AT LARGO on 7/19! Make sure to check out Hotwives of Orlando now over at www.hulu.com!

#2 Snake Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

http://forum.earwolf...__fromsearch__1

Posted Image

Ok, this looks promising

#3 SlidePocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

Man that guy in the teddy bear suit seems to be completely embarrassed while making this. Also, "Gooby" happens to feature Eugene Levy and the main guy from JAG (David James Elliott).

#4 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostSlidePocket, on 15 July 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Man that guy in the teddy bear suit seems to be completely embarrassed while making this. Also, "Gooby" happens to feature Eugene Levy and the main guy from JAG (David James Elliott).

And Robbie Coltrane!

#5 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostSlidePocket, on 15 July 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

Also, "Gooby" happens to feature Eugene Levy

Of course it does. I can't believe he isn't already in the HDTGM All-Stars.

#6 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 950 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

2009. 2009. 2009?!?!

I would believe you if you told me this movie was made in 1987 maybe 1994 at the LATEST.

I am in awe.

#7 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Are you guys going to watch this? I dont know if I can. Or has anyone seen this already? Why, and is it watchable?

#8 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Nah, I never watch any of these if it costs money, and this doesn't seem worthy of an exception.

#9 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Oh Canada!

I have to assume Robbie was just bored between filming Harry Potter movies and needed something to do.

#10 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image
Please note: You have to chick on it to have it replay.

Thanks Seanotron, I sort of wondered if people would feel that or notice.I understand.

Here is the link if your feeling like looking at a great work of art. btw I didn't make this. I coped someone elses work and posted the movie image. it's a full 3mbs. too big for a message board. because once we fill this group up with messages and images you start to feel the load. I know with the Jake Fogelnest, board you really feel the load on that page with all the you tube clips alone.

I cut some frames and recompressed it down to a little under 1mb. I just had to uploaded that as fast as I could with out thinking. he opens that candy bar a lot faster now..

I like the origiral better because it captures the excitement of opening a willywonka candy bar only to find out it's this film.

#11 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,844 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hey Jarry, just an FYI but your GIF is huuuuge. You need to make them under 1 MB to work.

#12 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

I just want to reiterate Paul's recommendation of 'Under the Skin.' That movie is fantastic and weird and unique. See it.

#13 subject117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:41 AM

This was made in the Year of Our Lord Two-Thousand and Nine?! I will definitely be watching it. Apparently it's FREE at something called popcornflix. Seems to be an app also. Here's the link: Gooby.

#14 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

View PostElitist Prick, on 16 July 2014 - 03:14 AM, said:

I just want to reiterate Paul's recommendation of 'Under the Skin.' That movie is fantastic and weird and unique. See it.

"Under the skin" was a odd movie and yet I should of liked it but didn't, I was really looking forward to enjoying this movie and yet some how managed not to. it's got everything I like in a movie.. and I love Lars von Trier films so there.

Hey, does anyone know where one would find the full Peter Fonda interview that was used in the show?
is that all there is as the peggy lee song gones. ?

Where does the rest of the world see Hotwives of Orlando paul?

#15 Loco_por_los_Cornballs

Pool Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

I can only imagine all the things Jason has to say about Gooby. Also, I haven't updated Adobe in months. It asks me to all the time but I don't let it. But guess what? Adobe still works just fine without the update.

(I'm glad these minisodes don't sound like ass anymore.)
Check out my "Never Not Funny" fan tumblr: http://nevernotpics.tumblr.com/

#16 Brian_Eno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

The fifth highest result when I google Mr Nanny is the earwolf page :)

PS. Do more shows that are free or on Netflix.

#17 Numlocks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

Is this where people get that 'gooby pls' thing from?

#18 cshin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:29 PM

oh my god that thing from "Gooby" sent chills down my spine. it literally looks that dog man from that weird scene in "The Shining" where all the ghosts start to appear.

Posted Image

#19 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

View Postjarrycanada, on 16 July 2014 - 11:12 AM, said:

"Under the skin" was a odd movie and yet I should of liked it but didn't, I was really looking forward to enjoying this movie and yet some how managed not to. it's got everything I like in a movie.. and I love Lars von Trier films so there.

I understand. It's not exactly a movie that is even easy to enjoy. Frankly, it has a lot of ingredients I DON'T like in movies and I HATE HATE HATE Lars Von Trier... but for some reason I love this film. It's weird like that.

#20 literallygarbage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

I stand by my theory, Paul!

Also, still not a dog person, guys.