đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—

parts of this movie scared the shit out of me as a kid. some still do, actually. seems perfect for a HDTGM episode.

Starring: Fred Savage, Ben Savage, Howie Mandel, Daniel Stern.

• Like 2

I was a big fan of this movie and all 4 castmembers listed above back when I was a kid.

haha I loved this movie as a kid. The only scene that freaked me out was when his hand turned into a dog and ate the homework.

• Like 1

Plus the late great Rick Ducommun. I think we need to do this one. I haven't seen it in a long time. Maybe it's actually a good movie? Some of them they've done, I would actually classify as good movies, but are nonetheless bonkers.

I remember liking this movie as a kid but I haven't seen it since 1989. For me it probably hit that perfect childhood dream of escaping to a secret underground fantasy world where weird creatures understand and accept me (like Labyrinth, Neverending Story, maybe even TMNT). I've never heard anyone call it a bad movie before; it might not be a good one, though.

The makeup effects are pretty cool.

7a8363a3619829b9e4dbe41a9d81d187.jpg

• Like 1

I have loved this movie since I was a child (born '82). It has been more a part of my life than Star Wars is for some people. But, I do have to admit, it's crazy that it was ever made. Howie Mandel as an under-the-bed monster, Fred Savage, Frank Whaley as the big bad 'Boy', and my absolute favorite... highly underappreciated Rick Ducommun. Oh, and Daniel Stern plays Fred's father (coincidence to Wonder Years?). Its crazy, it's weird, its surprisingly sweet. But no matter what, it's crazy that it ever got made (see what I did there).

Edited by Irishtate