🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jakefogelnest

Hang in there.

The podcast will come back. Everything is fine. GREAT actually. I am just super busy with some stuff that I can't talk about yet.

Earwolf is being very cool and I apologize for this little hiatus.

In the meantime, I'm making stuff at Funny Or Die. I directed Traci Lords and Dave Foley in a Ramones tribute sketch this week, so that should let you know that I am doing MORE than okay.

Give me a few more weeks. Thanks for your patience.

• Like 9

The delay will be worth it if we can organize a Twitter campaign to send tweets to that guy from Imagine Dragons, claiming that it's his fault Jake has been rendered unable to do the podcast.

Anyway, I look forward to the return of The Files.

• Like 1

Jake,

Don't worry about it.. The wait will make the return episode that much sweeter....

• Like 1

That's a relief. I'm really missing the podcast. Can I respectfully recommend putting something on the main show page (http://www.earwolf.com/show/the-fogelnest-files/) that says that the show is on hiatus? I think Earwolf in general could be better about making clear the statuses of various podcasts that have been cancelled or on hiatus. Without something posted on the site, I am left with no option but to join the forum and be a pest. I'm generally very hesitant to join forums and make comments, as I've found find most comment sections on Web sites to be horrific cesspools of hate-fueled ids sloshing through fetid shit to tear each other's eyes out like cocaine-addled squirrels fighting over the world's last nut. (And please don't tell me I should join Twitter and get my news that way, because, in my experience, Twitter is just one small step above comment sections of Web sites. Oh, except that it features lots of ads!)

That's a relief.

Jake said "a few more weeks" two months ago, and I don't think he's mentioned it at all on Twitter lately. I'm starting to feel the opposite of relief and wondering if it's ever actually going to come back.

Jeff Garlin said the same thing and didn't come back for almost 6 months. but he did come back and give us some kick asss shows.

Jeff Garlin said the same thing and didn't come back for almost 6 months. but he did come back and give us some kick asss shows.

He's writing on Klausner's show.

Jeff didn't move to New York. It's also a different situation since Jeff's show was always a monthly(?) live show which would have to take breaks from releasing podcasts in order to bank episodes even if he was steadily recording them.

Hello,

The podcast will come back, but it's going to be a little while before it does.

In early 2014 I started working for Funny Or Die as a writer/director. That was an all-consuming job and didn't leave a lot of time for anything else.

I left Funny Or Die in October to go write on a television show that hasn't been announced yet, but an announcement is coming soon. When you find out what it is I am sure you will say, "WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE PODCAST, I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE WORKING ON THAT INSTEAD!!!!!" **

Yes, I'm currently writing on "Difficult People" with Julie Klausner which is coming to Hulu next year. I am really excited about it! I also directed a music video for King Tuff which you should be seeing in a couple weeks.

After I finish "Difficult People" there's two more things lined up. I wish I could tell you more about these projects, but trust me -- it's real good stuff!

It's all very exciting and I am thrilled to be doing VERY WELL IN SHOW BUSINESS!!! But yes, I miss doing the podcast. I miss having conversations with people.

I wish I could give a timeline on when the show will return. I would say not before Spring of 2015. In the meantime, THE BEST SHOW is back.

I apologize for the disappearing act and delay in the return of the show. Thanks for hanging in there.

-Jake

** It's now been revealed: WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER for Netflix.

• Like 9

Jake, we all like to have a fun time online and tease about the show never coming back, but yowza! It's so great that you are doing so well! You seem like ya got a good head on your shoulders, and the success is well deserved. Our patience will surely pay off. In the mean time, I hope we can all keep having a great time on the web.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update! Obviously, I have selfish reasons for wanting the podcast back (i.e. free auditory entertainment of the highest order), but I look forward to any future projects you produce, TV or otherwise, with great anticipation. Most of all, I wish you the greatest of SHOW BUSINESS success!

aw man, I'm super happy for Jake that his career is going well enough that it disrupts his podcasting but the return of The Best Show inspired me to revisit the Kindler/Gary the Squirrel ep and that started an avalanche of relistenings now I'm jonesing for new Foogelnest Files! what am I going to do?? live my life like a normal person? I can't do t!

When you find out what it is I am sure you will say, "WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE PODCAST, I AM SO GLAD YOU WERE WORKING ON THAT INSTEAD!!!!!"

By now I am sure you all know about the eight episodes of "Wet Hot American Summer" coming to Netflix. This is what I was writing on before I started on "Difficult People." Does this news in any way make up for the lack of podcast episodes?!

• Like 3

Yes Jake, of course. As long as there will be FF in the future and you are making a living I can be patient.

Sign in to follow this