🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 190.5 — 7/25/14 TWO CHARTED 129

On this week's Two Charted, Howie 'about them apples' Kremer gets some gifts, and Cards for Kulap gets some donations! Later in the episode, we hear about Howard's possible life opportunity in 'the bey' (Beijing), Kulap talks about the support team for her documentary, and the crew delves into the origins of the Gu cruise song. Plus, we get a sneak perk peek at Kulap's indie go-go campaign, hear how we can get Rocky into some more costumes, and Summah of Sam puts an incredible offer on the table.

Head to http://teespring.com/haveasummah2 to support summah!

"How'm I gonna sleep tonight? I've only got so many waffles"

This twooch was such a gosh darn delight. (Especially after what felt like a rushed and short Whooch the other day)... Happy to hear about Austrailia coming back into the mix, what an opposite of a summah setback!

• Like 5

Good to hear about Howie 'Bout Them Apples' lady from the Bei wanting to spend some time with him. That's a summah success story!

Also, as an additional possible Origin Story IndieGoGo prize from Howitt, how about some of his notorious hand written notes from the show? That is a piece of Earwolf history that does not require defiling Dragon Manor with an invading party.

• Like 5

Earwolf theme of 2014: International Waters.

Sam's tattoo should definitely be a shark! Can't wait to give some money to Kulap.

The re-entrance of Australia into Howard's life is super exciting, been waiting for this for a long time.

Hey Sam, I love the tattoo that looks like it says "stay light", is that a leaf? Cool stuff man.

The psychological appeal of Kickstarter is that a project CAN get made if they reach a certain point. People won't feel like they just wasted their money if it reaches the goal and money gets taken out of their bank account. The project managers agreed that the level they set was adequate, and most of them have promises above that (for instance, a game will add a new map for every $5,000 over the minimum they earn). Fans share Kickstarter links because everybody benefits if you work together to reach the goals. It becomes a game. IndieGoGo, on the other hand, is just a donation service. If you put in $20 and the campaign only gets $500 total you're going to feel ripped off, because that isn't enough to even start most projects and there obviously wasn't any appeal for it.

Howard Kremer, a maverick solitary drifter.

• Like 1

Hey Sam, I love the tattoo that looks like it says "stay light", is that a leaf? Cool stuff man.

Thanks!

It's a feather actually, as in "light as a feather".

My reminder to relax and appreciate my surroundings, to live a life of forever Summah.

2iiuyiv.jpg

• Like 5

LOVE the tattoo idea, but I think the winning donor should actually get to do something, especially if they're paying $1000 or more. As it was conceived here, the reward is for Howard/everyone as long as someone pays for it.

Anyway, great episode, so many quintessential Howard and Ku moments. And a pretty amazing revelation that Howard is also (sort of) romantically involved with a Choctaw.

• Like 2

I was thinking the same thing about the tattoo idea so why not just make it a collective prize. Say if the total hits $30k or something, he gets the tattoo. Then everyone is encouraged to take part.

• Like 2

Those are good ideas, it didn't occur to me that it's not actually a prize for the donor.

I'll talk with HowKu and we'll find a suitable summah solution.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing about the tattoo idea so why not just make it a collective prize. Say if the total hits $30k or something, he gets the tattoo. Then everyone is encouraged to take part.

Yes! Also a good approach.

Same goes for Ku going to Dragon Manor (even though that one seems purely hypothetical) - if someone donated that much, they should get to go, too. Or just have it as a 'stretch goal' for the project in general.

Thanks!

My reminder to relax and appreciate my surroundings, to live a life of forever Summah.

2iiuyiv.jpg

I thought it was because you used to be bed-ridden obese

• Like 5

Thanks!

2iiuyiv.jpg

damn that looks cool as fuck!