🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Hi everyone.

I recently caught "The Baby" on TCM. It was made in 1973.

It is about a mother who keeps her adult son as a baby (diapers and rompers!) and the social worker trying take him away.

It is all so over the top. To quote Jason, "it blew my mind". The acting, the script, the absolute lack of acknowledging reality.

If anybody wishes to see it in all its glory--you can watch it free on youtube.

Cheers,

Carlee

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity I Googled the trailer and what the hell is this

Um this might be a good choice, although there is a zero % chance I'm going to watch it

• Like 2

Signed up to recommend this one. The ending is more fucked up than Sleepaway Camp, imo. And with Paul and Junes wee-bay now repping out the womb, I think this is an appropriate choice.

• Like 1

Fuck yes! lets do this.. where can we see this? I like how in the trailer they address the baby as the baby!

Conspiracy theory: I am not sure about this but they have never done a movie earlier then the 1980's so I am not sure if they are even acknowledging on the show that movies even been made before such a time. because they have not done any earlier movies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcjPBLwDkLc

• Like 1

So we're dealing with a passive revisionist agenda? I think you're on to something.

Food for thought: June claims to be a shark expert without any real credentials. Is this a result of cavalier arrogance and disdain for science (and hence, history/evolution)? If so, perhaps this is her view towards pre 1980's film as well - ignore it and it doesn't exist.

Scouring the dark web for documents of their purported 'talkie burnings' at bohemian grove circa 1994.

Thanks Snake for posting the trailer! I couldn't load it when I submitted my original post.

Jerry Canada---You can see the full movie on youtube. TCM had it on when I saw it.

Seriously, how can you go wrong with with this movie. It has a man baby who is only known as "Baby". It utilized a cattle prod. It has a sadistic mother and with her two henchwomen daughters.

It was epic and very disturbing and entirely enjoyable.

I said fuck yes and clicked "like this" what more do you want. kidnap Paul Scheer and force him to watch this and later do a podcast. LOL sorry can't do.

But I am excited to see this. I was thinking about this movie the full time I was listening to the last show about sharknado-2 when Paul and June referred to the baby as the baby. Maybe that's a clue, Most likely not.

Jerrycanada,

What do you mean you can't kidnap Paul Scheer, force him to watch this movie and then make him do a podcast? I was expecting it! Crap, now this means i have to drive down there and do this myself....

This movie was Amazing simply amazing. i give it 5 stars, it was that good.

I needed this movie last night. because I was having a bad day and this movie give me a smile on my face and made me laugh, i enjoyed it. it's a fun movie.

Baby likes his milk, as soon as baby gets his milk I knew i was going to like this movie. You see, Babys got a good little racket going on for him self, Good for baby. ;) I didn't know if a breast feeding scene was going to even happen in this movie but it got delivered. Ohh and baby's birthday party was a blast. I love the dope smoker who answers the door and hits on woman with the line. "You've got nice skin!" That was an ace move I was thinking. nothing creepy about that. Welcome to the party, Come on in!. nothing bad going to happen to you sweet heart.

I love the adult size crib, that was amazing too.

Seeing that Paul and June just had a kid, it would be fun to see them do baby themed movie's. as a film it's self it's really good fun to watch and I would love to hear the reactions of the hosts of HDTGM. But don't wait around for them to review this movie . go watch it now on Youtube, it's worth your time.

• Like 1

The Baby (1973)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069754/?ref_=nv_sr_6

A social worker who recently lost her husband investigates the strange Wadsworth family. The Wadsworths might not seem too unusual to hear about them at first - consisting of the mother, two grown daughters and the diaper-clad, bottle-sucking baby. The problem is, the baby is twenty-one years old.

I just watched this and I think it is messed up enough to turn on Jason.

• Like 1

Directed by Tom Post, who also did the Dirty Harry movie, Magnum Force, with Clint Eastwood, the same year. :wacko:

amazing..

This movie has got a pre M. Night Shyamalan

to it.
  • Like 1

If you liked Sleepaway Camp, you will LOVE The Baby! This movie is worth watching for the ending alone- it is definitely one of the most shocking/interesting/awesome twists I've seen, hands down.

The ending is great, but the movie is insane from start to finish- this would be a HDTGM gem!

• Like 1

If you liked Sleepaway Camp, you will LOVE The Baby! This movie is worth watching for the ending alone- it is definitely one of the most shocking/interesting/awesome twists I've seen, hands down.

The ending is great, but the movie is insane from start to finish- this would be a HDTGM gem!

I am not sure I would go so far as to say it's like Sleepaway camp. more like monkey shines then anything else. I had a lot more fun watching this movie then Sleepaway Camp, Plus the acting is better.

YES!! Ruth Roman is awesome in this. I agree with jarrycanada - the acting is better than Sleepaway Camp. The less people know about this before watching the better. It'd be GREAT to hear HDTGM do this one (or Avaryl and Andrew on Movie B*tches)!! Just checked and the entire movie is still on YouTube.

Uh, who hasn't been kept in diapers well into adult years? You guys act like this is something weird. It's so efficient!

• Like 1

You have not heard of this movie, yet I declare that none among us can be considered truly whole until it has been experienced. "The Baby" changed me in deep and fundamental ways, all of them bad. The fact that this movie got made by an actual Hollywood studio with actual actors strains the boundaries of sanity. We must all accept the fate that awaits us, and face "The Baby."

• Like 2

Agree that it's probably too disturbing for June. That said, I think they should do this episode with June holding her new baby. That would be amazing.

This movie has to be done.  June and Jason would be flabberghasted. The acting is so over the top and the ending you don’t see coming.