Episode 89.5 — Minisode 89.5

23 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Holy shark! Set your DVRs because the Sharknado returns to the Syfy channel in Sharknado 2: The Second One and we’re going to talk all about it next week! Paul shares a super-cut of every time Gooby was said as he goes through Corrections and Omissions for last week’s movie Gooby and lets us know if Nicolas Cage would have made Gooby better. Then, Paul chooses either metal teeth or metal Yamaka while he answers many of your Qs. Plus, Paul talks about the Share a Coke campaign & more in another installment of “Love It Love It, Love It Hate It, and Hate It Hate It.” Los Angeles: Get your tickets now for a LIVE HDTGM at Largo on Saturday, September 20th at 8pm over at www.largo-la.com! Make sure to check out The Hotwives of Orlando now over at www.hulu.com!

#2 Bright Anderson

Meat Popsicle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSandy, OR

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Woohoo! Saucerman on the show again! Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who Gooby made them think of the weird dog/bear guy that was blowing a dude in The Shining. I couldn't find a photoshop of them merged, so I went ahead and made one. Way scarier than the Kubrick version to me.

Posted Image

EDIT: Just checked the thread for the main ep (episode) and saw that user 'must turd' had done a great job with this exact concept last week. Oh well. Here's another one to haunt your dreams everyone.

#3 Dkriegs91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

Did anyone else find it really sexual when June was saying Gooby???

#4 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

View PostDkriegs91, on 29 July 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

It's pronounced Gyeubee.

#5 wyldride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:55 AM

Sharknado 2: A Second Bite of the Apple

#6 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostDkriegs91, on 29 July 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:

You are not doing sex right.

#7 must turd

half animal, part party machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:57 AM

View PostBright Anderson, on 28 July 2014 - 11:35 PM, said:

Woohoo! Saucerman on the show again! Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who Gooby made them think of the weird dog/bear guy that was blowing a dude in The Shining. I couldn't find a photoshop of them merged, so I went ahead and made one. Way scarier than the Kubrick version to me.

Posted Image

EDIT: Just checked the thread for the main ep (episode) and saw that user 'must turd' had done a great job with this exact concept last week. Oh well. Here's another one to haunt your dreams everyone.

aah! yours is way better photoshopped than mine, and way creepier hahaha, good work

#8 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 937 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

I could listen to that supercut of everyone saying gooby for an hour

#9 klem_johansen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Nic Cage as an imaginary childhood friend would be incredible. "We're going to steal the Jefferson Memorial!" "No, Nic Cage. You're going to get me in trouble AGAIN!" "You don't understand. Everything is riding on this! We must get to the core of the sun in the next 15 minutes or everyone is doomed!"

#10 Lando

Works every time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

To be honest, I thought it was way more fun to say "Sharknado" than to watch Sharknado. I'm not really expecting much from the sequel.

#11 must turd

half animal, part party machine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostLando, on 29 July 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

To be honest, I thought it was way more fun to say "Sharknado" than to watch Sharknado. I'm not really expecting much from the sequel.

yeah, but it probably means The Choctaw himself will be the guest again!

#12 justinmh05

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

View Postmust turd, on 29 July 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

yeah, but it probably means The Choctaw himself will be the guest again!

It definitely means he will be the guest. Paul said so in this miniep.

#13 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I find myself perpetually uninterested in these bad-on-purpose, "post ironic" SyFy movies and other various monster mash-ups. Someone (or some group of people) intending to make a piece of shit and ending up with a piece of shit is way, way less interesting than someone who has a passion for movies and has a story they want to tell... but ends up with something like Gooby. At some point, someone LOVED the story of Gooby and pursued it to completion. That took a lot of work... but the end result is like a nightmare that comes from a psychotic break.

#14 jarrycanada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationMelonville

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

when paul played the recording of them saying Gooby I was just walking back into the room and it sounded like they where saying boobie. listen to it again you'll hear it.

#15 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:54 PM

No, that wasn't a crank phone call. THIS is a Crank phone call...

Posted Image
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#16 Lando

Works every time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • LocationCloud City

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostElitist Prick, on 29 July 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

I find myself perpetually uninterested in these bad-on-purpose, "post ironic" SyFy movies and other various monster mash-ups. Someone (or some group of people) intending to make a piece of shit and ending up with a piece of shit is way, way less interesting than someone who has a passion for movies and has a story they want to tell... but ends up with something like Gooby. At some point, someone LOVED the story of Gooby and pursued it to completion. That took a lot of work... but the end result is like a nightmare that comes from a psychotic break.

I agree when the scenario is that they're making an intentionally bad piece of art and everyone is in on the joke, but I fucking love when it's intentionally bad art that people believe is unintentionally bad and incites displeasure.

#17 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

I'm hoping they told Scott they were doing another Tyler Perry movie and then after he watched it they switched it to Sharknado 2.

#18 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Guys, in the first 5 minutes of this movie Tara Reid gets her freakin' hand bitten off by a goddam flying shark.

#19 whatsyourfuckstylebro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

Sharknado was bad and fun... This is just bad and shameless. That said, I'm waiting for the Sharknado ride at Disney World to open next summer. Drink a nice Coors light sharknado limited edition bottle in line. Then I'll stop off at subway for the sharknado sub and get the sharknado play set at Walmart.

Big ups for the Biz making a cameo tho.

#20 joemedium206

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

I can't find Avaryl Halley's Kids Cursing vid. I googled and YT'd it nut no avail. Can someone link it for me? Paul mentioned in the last 4 mins of the mini ep.