🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HotSaucerman

Thoughts After Viewing "Sharknado 2"

1. Why, oh WHY couldn't they have let Mark McGrath get eaten by a shark?!

2. Once again, storm scenes shot on bright, sunny days.

3. Not a single drop of rain touches anyone.

4. I feel like eating Subway.

5. Tara Reid's circular saw hand was hysterical.

6. Matt Lauer and Al Roker threatened to steal the movie every time they were on screen.

7. Why couldn't Douchey McDouche Mark McGrath get eaten by a shark?!!!?!?! He should've been sucked up by a tornado, they play a few seconds of "Iiiiiiiii just wanna fly" then CHOMP.

So, how about some others?.... we can't wait a whole week before we talk about this movie!!

I think Matt Lauer's bizarrely large amount of screen time qualifies him for a Best Actor in a TV miniseries or movie Emny nomination.

This one also was too self-aware to elicit much conversation. It was awful with a wink and a nod.

I have a feeling we're in for a short episode next week.

This one also was too self-aware to elicit much conversation. It was awful with a wink and a nod.

And the first one wasn't? All of the movies that The Asylum makes are like that. They either do these ridiculous monster movies or movies meant to be confused with real movies. I mean, I know what you're saying but if I watch with that frame of mind, just rolling my eyes through it, it prevents me from enjoying it.

And the first one wasn't? All of the movies that The Asylum makes are like that. They either do these ridiculous monster movies or movies meant to be confused with real movies. I mean, I know what you're saying but if I watch with that frame of mind, just rolling my eyes through it, it prevents me from enjoying it.

I absolutely do not believe that there was as much self-aware winking and nodding in the first one - not even close!

I agree with the opinion that jason and Scott expressed in the Sharknado podcast that the producers thought they'd crafted legitimately funny lines and good action scenes for a low budget movie. They of course hadn't.

The sequel was all about the producers/director making you aware that they're in on the joke now. And the result was a movie that was often boring because it was too busy telling you it was all a big joke. The charm was gone.

• Like 1

I have to agree with justinmh05. There was at least one point in probably every scene where I wanted to tell everyone involved in this.... thing to go fuck themselves. That theme song at the beginning? The stunt-casting of guest actors? Those were total "we're in on the joke guys, aren't we hilarious?" moments. Shut up.

I dunno, I think seeing Tara Reid's hand bitten off by a shark made it all worthwhile. I mean, guys, those screams of hers? WHAT WAS THAT?! They sounded unearthly. Also her very first line was so mumbly I assumed she had been awakened from a drug-induced coma shortly before shooting the scene.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else notice a badly cgi can or bottle of coors light fly out of the plane at the beginning? I know bad cgi is the point of this movie but that bit just seemed weird to me.

The Today Show crew, Kelly Ripa, and Michael Strahan were the funniest parts of the film, as they played it straight and their shows looked and felt like those shows, just with CRAZY subject matter. I was bummed that there wasn't a crowd of people outside of the Today Show studio though, as it could have made for a good sight gag when Al's explaining the weather and people are getting attacked outside. Al and Matt were the best actors in the movie.

This felt like a more boring one of those Friedberg/Seltzer "parody" films where all of the "jokes" are just references to other movies. Also Tara Reid's voice is like nails on a chalboard, they could have ADR'd her lines with Fran Drescher and it would have been a major improvement.

Not gonna lie though, I loved Andy Dick as the cop and I wish the whole movie was about him on the beat. It could have been Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call Manhattan. I would watch that.

It was not as bad as I was expecting (I was expecting it to be as bad or worse than Birdemic 2), the ending was pretty crap, but the rest of it was ok (still not great, not as good as the first, but I never found myself looking at the progress bar with dread.)

Was the Weather Channel thing, talking about shark winds and rain and stuff, Fin's sanity breaking and him imagining that? Or is it supposed to mean that the Weather Channel called the sharknado thing WAAAAAAYYYY before anyone else did and just no one was watching? (because every single person, agency, organization, business, authority, etc were completely oblivious to any kind of weather events happening until it was literally right on top of them, and even then they still seemed not really aware.) Youd think maybe someone in an air traffic control tower might see fit to glance at a weather report every so often, maybe.

Did Fin and his little buddy like literally play Batman and Robin when they were younger? Like dress up as them and attempt to fight real crime as though they were the 60s Batman? Because they had little quips and names for everything. Like when they simultaniously said 'Frogger!', and 'Bait and Switch!', would have easily been lifted right out of a 60s Batman script.

Speaking of 'Bait and Switch'...the shark was gone, and when the 'bait' baited the shark, all he did was call attention to "hey look over this way, so you can see my brother-in-law run up to this thing right exactly where I was and turn his back on you...because im going to be halfway up the stairs before you even start swimming this way"

Also, the song was the worst, its like if there was an actual Sharknado IRL, and to commemorate it, Linda Finkle wrote a song about it and an emo boy with a crappy mic sang it.

Sign in to follow this