🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 303 — Puttering Around

Need an experience to keep you from puttering around your home? Well, this week’s episode has it all including a rare appearance from CBB favorite Paul F. Tompkins and returning champ/singer-songwriter Loudon Wainwright III! We’re treated to live songs performed by Loudon in celebration of his upcoming new record Haven’t Got The Blues (Yet) andLord Andrew Lloyd Webber stops by to tell us all about rebooting Cats with rap songs. Plus, we get a visit from our old pal Buddy Valastro aka the Cake Boss! (Cake Boss!)

I really liked Louden taking part in the discussion. He's pretty funny.

Funny enough that I kept confusing him with John Gemberling. He sounds almost identical.

• Like 3

Maybe it's just me, but for me, "Here Comes The Choppers" isn't available on iTunes.

• Like 5

Woke up at 7am. Dicked around on facebook for a bit. Thought I'd check Earwolf. First image: New CBB with PFT. Squee'd like a girl. Now going upstairs to lie on the couch and listen to it while eating leftover Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Ooh and I think there's still some rum left. Oh man...

• Like 2

Man, why doesn't Paul do Ice-T or John C Reilly or Danny Glover as much as he does these guys. I feel like The characters in this ep along with Gary Marshal are really played out and peaked early in their appearances.

Without Fourvel around I'm sort of dreading hearing ALW's voice.

I want old CDR back.

Although I will say Scott's on the top of his game with his odd little Scottisms. Long live Scott.

ts elliott... inventor of rap? are you talking about hip hop the musical... genre?

i was 90% sure he was going to stop before "genre" and then we could talk about "Rap! The Musical" (by Sir Lloyd Wilson Webber)

I love Loudon Wainwright III.

• Like 1

I love PF characters, but there is nothing funnier to me than him and Scott talking about nothing- so great!

• Like 7

paul f tompkins is a beautiful man and i'm not ashamed to say it

• Like 6

Woke up at 7am. Dicked around on facebook for a bit. Thought I'd check Earwolf. First image: New CBB with PFT. Squee'd like a girl. Now going upstairs to lie on the couch and listen to it while eating leftover Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Ooh and I think there's still some rum left. Oh man...

now THAT is a professional putter.

• Like 2

now THAT is a professional putter.

I didn't realize when I posted that they would be talking about exactly what I was doing. I was even wearing a bathrobe.

• Like 9

Bless PFT he is incredible.. scott's consistent questioning was killing me..Great music!

• Like 1

After Wainwright's turn as Mr Carp on Undeclared I thought he would blow up into a solid 'funny dad' scene stealer like Richard Jenkins, but he has not. what gives Hollywood?!

• Like 1

Geez, if PFT can't stick around for more than one segment it's no wonder he's barely ever invited to be on the show.

• Like 12

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Jesus song is being dangerously under-appreciated, it was next level TS Eliiot-tier rap.

Love that PFT sneaks an "IT'S BEEN" in early doors. The 'my/your wives' at the end were also pretty great.

• Like 1

Funny enough that I kept confusing him with John Gemberling. He sounds almost identical.

when I first read this I had my doubts, but his voice does sound eerily similar to Gemberling

(sorry for linking to feral scott)

don't you mean fearal...?