Episode 167 — Personality

24 replies to this topic

#1 agata

team earwolf

• Administrators
  • 145 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 04 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

Today’s Professor Blastoff episode is inconceivable! The gang starts off the show by discussing their feelings on marriage and comedian Julia Farrell joins to have a discussion about personality, Myers Briggs, killing puppies, communication, introversion vs. extroversion, and much more. Tune in for an introspective look into the brains of your favorite podcast hosts.

#2 phoenixclap

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:47 PM

Ah man... the guest is annoying.

She seems to yell. And she yells a lot about herself.

#3 ClarisseMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Agreed. Her speaking voice is yelling, and she keeps talking over the hosts to jam her points in.

Ohmygosh, LOVED when she yelled/said "Am I not close enough to the mic?" Oh boy.

#4 kopello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

The guest was perfectly fine and wasn't yelling, I'm not sure what the people above me are complaining about. If anything she was great and fit into the show's groove well.

Is doing Inconcievable! the next topshelfthoughts?

#5 The Fuhrer of sausage people

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Guest was a wee bit shouty.

#6 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hep! PERSONALITY!

i want a 10 min audio loop of Kyle and David saying "AHHHH thats david right!?...Im a total punk rocker!..uhh what dont wanna break the rules oohwuuuuu!"

couldn't stop laughing this episode!

#7 The Fuhrer of sausage people

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Came across a bit negative in my last post thought the guest was interesting and everyone else in the hatch was great as usual!

#8 Bryan_Pieces

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

View Postwasinthehallway, on 05 August 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

"AHHHH thats david right!?...Im a total punk rocker!..uhh what dont wanna break the rules oohwuuuuu!"

can we get a drop of that?
Tapas the Mornin' to Jah.

#9 ieatpants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Locationbrooklyn

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

i'm gonna have to agree that parts of this episode were a tiny bit annoying -- mainly because Julia Farrell comes across as young (and maybe a tiny bit naive) the conversation occasionally veers toward one you might have late at night in your freshman dorm room... which is fine, but i come to expect a more mature tone from these three (but not too mature, mind you).

to their credit, tho, kyle, david, and tig conversed with her well. they took her seriously and were patient.
in fact, i think this episode was really about looking for emotional growth, rather than "what type of personality am i?"

i really like how david pointed out that judging people by their myers-briggs type is similar to judging them from where they're from (i.e., from the south), and he sort of gently points out how hypocritical Julia was being by using the test to judge people, while at the same time complaining about being judged for being from texas.

despite all of those negative things i said above (or perhaps because of them), it was still an enjoyable episode.

#10 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I COULD NOT STOP laughing at Tig doing "Inconceivable!"

I agree that Julia was way too loud, but I thought it was a really good discussion.

#11 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

Oh, also, it was really weird/funny that this was the second day in a row with an Earwolf show where someone rubbed their hands or feet together right into the mic.

#12 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

View Postkelindadouglass, on 05 August 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Agreed. Her speaking voice is yelling, and she keeps talking over the hosts to jam her points in.

Ohmygosh, LOVED when she yelled/said "Am I not close enough to the mic?" Oh boy.

kelindadouglass is totally a J right guys? Oh my god stop being such a J right now.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#13 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostNameThatPunky, on 06 August 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

kelindadouglass is totally a J right guys? Oh my god stop being such a J right now.

That reminds me, I loved the "P on your parade"/"J on your parade" exchange, because there's a totally innocent version of it that's befitting a Christian Podcast, and a totally gross version.

#14 NameThatPunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

J on your parade was killing me.
Top Ten Punkys on the board

#15 Bryan_Pieces

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostKickpuncher, on 05 August 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

I COULD NOT STOP laughing at Tig doing "Inconceivable!"

can't take credit for the photo, but this is what I imagine Tig's "weird genius baby" to look like.

Posted Image
Tapas the Mornin' to Jah.

#16 ClarisseMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostNameThatPunky, on 06 August 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

For the record, I love the show. Just thought the guest was not used to the give and take atmosphere of a podcast.

If you want to call me names, okay. That just means you care about your point of view and I respect that.

#17 imhatch

im on the forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

i do not think it was namecalling but i think the person whose username is a reference to the show and whose signature is a reference to the show was just making a post that was a reference to the show but everyone should know: im dumb as all hell and not good at posting

#18 ClarisseMac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Ok. Well I am new to listening to this particular show on Earwolf. I guess that went over my head. Enjoy the boards everyone. Goodbye forever.

#19 imhatch

im on the forum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

the posters on this show's forum are nice so i did not mean to be mean if i came off that way

#20 Sean Paul Giamatti

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

i wish the guest would speak up. Engineer cody Brett can i get some more Julia in my cans?