🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 170 — Aging and Immortality

Would you live forever if you could? How many blueberries are safe to eat? Are you taking care of your meat sack (body)? UNC Charlotte PHD candidate Eric Kane calls into the hatch this week to talk to the gang about antioxidants, calorie restriction, exercise, disease, turtles, and much more. Then, Mother Meditation is back to clear up some Rosie O'Donnell confusion.

Yeah. The guy today was a little bit adorable with his giggling, but episodes with call-in guests are a little hard to listen to. There's just such a disconnect. I was most interested in Olive.

Yeah. The guy today was a little bit adorable with his giggling, but episodes with call-in guests are a little hard to listen to. There's just such a disconnect. I was most interested in Olive.

The giggling is unbearable. They have to keep pausing so that he can stop laughing since his "expertise" is driving the conversation. Its like anti-Garofolo.

• Like 1

this episode is upsetting. im in the middle of listening to every episode (currently on #40/time travel) and have to say that these past couple eps just do not have the same energy and fluidity as the ones im bustin' through now. i hope someone takes this as constructive criticism, because this is the first show ive found almost impossible to listen to. the guest is a total headscratcher.

just to be clear, i adore this show and its unique way of bringing me genuine happiness.

• Like 2

David sounds like he hates doing the show now. He had an earnest enthusiasm in the beginning that has all but disappeared.

I thought the guest could be the new Aaron if it means Tig ragging on him all the time.

• Like 5

I'm not an expert on sea life by any means, but half of what this guy has said about jellyfish so far at 28 minutes in is either incorrect, or only true for maybe a couple of species. Jellyfish isn't a meaningful scientific classification, either, it's a number of species from different classes that "look like a jellyfish".

Edit: I'm glad he's aware that antioxidants aren't great, though. That seems to be taking a long time to enter public consciousness.

I enjoyed the episode, but yeah, the phone delay makes it really tough. I'm not gonna fault the guest for having fun on a comedy podcast.

peaked just right with Kyle's "diarrhea of this earth" to bring the mother meditation home.

I feel cleansed. 6 out of 3 stars

Excellent episode.

David, Kyle: Mac pro-tip: when adjusting audio hold shift to hide the "blep" sound.

i will be a guest i will do it i have not laughed in 14 years so no problems there

The giggling is unbearable. They have to keep pausing so that he can stop laughing since his "expertise" is driving the conversation. Its like anti-Garofolo.

I agree. He was putting on his "giggling". Why didn't we hear him giggling at the beginning? Fake.

Was he high?

So annoying.

Why didn't we hear him giggling at the beginning? Fake.

They probably mute the sound from a remote guest until they're introduced.

• Like 1

Every time this guy said "A-NEN-A ME" I wanted to scream. It's "A-NEM-A-NE." If he did actually study the things he'd be saying it correctly.