🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 92.5 — Minisode 92.5

How do we know our next movie is bad? Not only does it have one Stallone involved but it has TWO Stallones involved. It’s a movie that has sweat, sequence, singing, and is a sequel to Saturday Night Fever. It’s STAYING ALIVE! Join Paul this week as he urges you to relax and goes through some Corrections and Omissions from our 1st Annual Howdies episodes as well as plays some clips that didn’t make the cut.

Los Angeles: Get your tickets now for a LIVE HDTGM at Largo on Saturday, September 20th at 10pm over at www.largo-la.com! It will be a night we call, You Can Sing But Can You Act? with Mariah Carey’s Glitter at 8pm and Miley Cyrus’ LOL at 10pm.

Make sure to tune into the brand new season of The League on Wednesday nights at 10pm over on FXX and check out The Hotwives of Orlando now over at www.hulu.com!

Also, you can now check out Paul in “Jason Nash is Married” available on iTunes, Jason Mantzoukas in “They Came Together” in theaters & VOD, June Diane Raphael & Casey Wilson in ASS BACKWARDS for free on Netflix & HULU & Paul in OJ: The Musical available on VOD & iTunes! Don’t forget to grab yourself a brand new HDTGM Daredevil T-shirt over at the Earwolf store and a copy of Paul’s comic book Aliens Vs. Parker now available at www.amazon.com!

since you've realized that you need to watch more Nicolas Cage movies... I suggest "Next".

I suggest "Bangkok Dangerous" (2008) and "Knowing" (2009)

also, it should be noted that our friend Frank Welker is the voice of Fred from Scooby-Doo, the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin, Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget, the titular Jabberjaw, as well as Megatron and most the Decepticons from '80s Transformers cartoons.

he is one busy motherfucker.

• Like 1

I don't think Frank Welker should be counted. Out of the 7 movies listed for him, 6 are just creature/vocal effects. =p

Edited to add: I nominate Knowing, as well.

Frank Welker is a well known voice over artist. He plays the voice of practically every animal you see in every film. Every dog bark, every cat meow, every animal growl, was probably created by him. Although he is more famous for playing cartoon characters like Scooby Doo or Nibbler, my favorite role of his was the Nazi Monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Yup, almost every time you've heard an animal sound effect in a film or TV show, it's been provided by Frank Welker, one of the most prolific voice actors and the premiere creature sound effects voice actor in the biz.

I nominate Snake Eyes. It's the one where Nicolas Cage's character refers to an ending that isn't even in the film because the visual effects work was incomplete.

• Like 1

I add my nominations for "Knowing" and "Snake Eyes" but I'm also throwing "Face/Off" into the mix because I've literally only seen the first 10 minutes and I can't wrap my brain around it.

Yeah, I don't think Frank Welker has done a live-action role for like 30 years.

• Like 1

Is it just me or does the guy doing the voiceover in the trailer sound like he's introducing an episode of the Twilight Zone?

• Like 1

I don't think Frank Welker should be counted. Out of the 7 movies listed for him, 6 are just creature/vocal effects. =p

Edited to add: I nominate Knowing, as well.

First off knowing would be great. Im all for more cage.

As for frank: was tom hanks in toy story? Voice acting counts. the dude played the anaconda in Anaconda. That has got to count. Checks got cashed.

And because ADR is king on HDTGM He would be an awesome insider guest.

I can't remember, did they cover Vampire's Kiss? That's my Nicolas Cage nomination.

No it has not been covered yet.

There really is no such thing as a bad Nicolas Cage movie as far as I am concerned..I've been pushing for Trapped in Paradise (1994) yet I have not watched it yet so I am notsure, I plan too but my vote is on that so far.. maybe tonight I'll watch it been saving it like a fine bottle of wine. just haven't been feeling like the old self anymore. Don't want to get into personal problems here.

So I watch trapped in Paradise. and guess what it sucked. So I guess I'll retract that one.

Vampires kiss is too easy a target to make fun of, as it's a made to be bad movie in my mind.

it's a classic, some people would say con air is a classic too.

Vampires-Kiss-gif.gif

Con Air would be great or The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009)

I love peggy sue got married and wild at heart are off limits if you want to be on my BFF list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUcNggb2xM

any movie with nick cage singing in it is fucking magic as far as I am concerned.

Edited by jarrycanada

I don't think Vampire's Kiss is made to be bad, so much as his performance is intended to be over the top. Like I've said before, if they had made the idea that he had contracted rabies more explicit I think the movie would have been better received. I think as a "descent into madness" film it works.

Didn't realize people other than me thought so highly of Vampire's Kiss. Not so much a bad movie, as a deliberately weird one, which I guess falls outside of the purview of HDTGM. At any rate, I will rescind my nomination. Thank you for your time.

You can vote for it if you want it's a fun movie to watch may make a good show. I'm sorry. The movies don't always have to be bad movies to be how did this get made movies no where is it written that as a rule. I would endorse a show devoted to vampires kiss.

I would call it a dark comedy. I don't think Nick Cage at any point takes himself seriously in that movie.

Specially the scene with the teeth and the novelty store. I love that part of the movie. And the nightclub.

I'm sure it would never make the cut, but I would love to see them do Wild at Heart... I think it's about time they take on a David Lynch film and it just so happens to be one of my absolute favorite Cage performances.

for those who aren't familiar, he brutally destroys a man's skull in the very first scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmof9ax_GS0

• Like 1

I'm sure it would never make the cut, but I would love to see them do Wild at Heart... I think it's about time they took on a David Lynch film and it just so happens to be one of my absolute favorite Cage performances.

for those who aren't familiar, he brutally destroys a man's skull in the very first scene...

How dare you!! God i love that movie...

• Like 1

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009)

With guest "Werner Herzog", please.

• Like 2

There really is no such thing as a bad Nicolas Cage movie as far as I am concerned..I've been pushing for Trapped in Paradise (1994) yet I have not watched it yet so I am notsure, I plan too but my vote is on that so far.. maybe tonight I'll watch it been saving it like a fine bottle of wine. just haven't been feeling like the old self anymore. Don't want to get into personal problems here.

So I watch trapped in Paradise. and guess what it sucked. So I guess I'll retract that one.

Vampires kiss is too easy a target to make fun of, as it's a made to be bad movie in my mind.

it's a classic, some people would say con air is a classic too.

Vampires-Kiss-gif.gif

Con Air would be great or The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009)

I love peggy sue got married and wild at heart are off limits if you want to be on my BFF list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPUcNggb2xM

any movie with nick cage singing in it is fucking magic as far as I am concerned.

Peggy Sue Got Married is on my DVR. I started watching it one night, and even my husband (who is generally watching/reading something related to the military) found it to be amazing.

Sign in to follow this