🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

The Hottie & the Nottie (2008)

The scary part is there is a shockly amount of five star reviews for this movie.. at amazon.com case in point.

KAM's Either your "hot" or "not" "I thought this movie was very sweet. I hadn't seen a movie like it before, it was refreshing to watch an unfamiliar plot unfold. I loved the fact that June was given a chance to shine. It would be so hard to be constantly compared to your friend as the "nottie". I think something we can learn from this movie is that you should make the most of who you are, don't put yourself down. If you don't believe in yourself, who will? I know a lot of people hated this movie because of Paris Hilton. If you focus on the story, its far better than most movies today. I'd definitely recommend it, especially to teenage girls. Go on, its worth it. "

I think KAM wrote two five star reviews: I've seen worse: "I mean, it was an horrible movie of course, but cute at the same time. Paris Hilton (who I love for being so dumb) was dreadful, and the one that played Johann too. Luckily, Joel Moore and Christine Lakins comedy skills saved the movie. I know it's not like that The Hottie and the Nottie will be remembered as a good move, but I think the reason so many people hate it is because Paris Hilton's in it. It was awful, but it was a whole lot better than the Scary Movies (and all the ones from those writers) and A Cinderella Story. It deserves a 5 at least."

KAM. you show them who's boss, you go girl!

phreviewz "This was a good movie! The reason it didnt do well at the theatres is because people need to think for themselves. There was nothing wrong with the movie, it was the result of the media telling everyone for too long... "Dont like Paris". Think for yourselves people! It's a funny and cute movie. We like her of course, but this review is unbiased. Give it a watch! "Paris Hilton News and Reviews" YouTube. "

Wow, I am shocked that there isn't already a thread for this. I remember when this came out and someone did the math:

Its first-day earnings were $9,000, and it went on to earn $27,696 on its opening weekend, each theater averaging $249.

An article in the February 11, 2008 issue of the Houston Chronicle determined that, based on box office receipts, an average of 28 people per theater saw the movie opening weekend.

I think even in costume for this movie I find Christine Lakin more attractive than Paris Hilton.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been, I guess. Just cliche and fairly boring, as I recall. I would recommend against it for this podcast as there's only so much mileage you can get out of "Oh, look -- Paris is trying to act. Well, I guess, that's what passes for trying." I guess they couldn't get Ke$ha to do her acting for her.

Sign in to follow this