🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 196.5 — 9/05/14 TWO CHARTED 135

Twooch >>> Whooch nowadays :)

I've been feeling this way for a while. Also, yes- more football talk Howie!

Can someone please explain what Howard was trying to say with his dental appointment strategy?

I also have trust issues with my dentist. Seems like every time I go in he's trying to sell me on some work that I'm dubious about. I need the Kremer solution.

Now I can't speak for the man himself but what I took away from it was that he doesn't like that they put pressure on him to make appointments or get stuff taken care of while he's still there for something mundane, so his way of rebelling against it is to make the appointments but then sometimes not show up. I was cracking up when he was talking about how the receptionist called him five times in a day to verify his appointment but he didn't answer...hilarious, that's her job to call and confirm with you but he sees it with a sinister twist! When he got to the part where he gets worried when he's running late because they may just assume he's flaking, that was a glorious moment. I love Howard, the past few episodes he has had me reeling.

Now I can't speak for the man himself but what I took away from it was that he doesn't like that they put pressure on him to make appointments or get stuff taken care of while he's still there for something mundane, so his way of rebelling against it is to make the appointments but then sometimes not show up. I was cracking up when he was talking about how the receptionist called him five times in a day to verify his appointment but he didn't answer...hilarious, that's her job to call and confirm with you but he sees it with a sinister twist! When he got to the part where he gets worried when he's running late because they may just assume he's flaking, that was a glorious moment. I love Howard, the past few episodes he has had me reeling.

I think he said that he does always show up, he just doesn't call back to confirm. My dental office does the same thing, and it's annoying. Ultimately, the call just serves as a reminder, so it's fine, but I don't know why someone would bother calling back (unless they wanted to cancel) when it literally makes no difference. I didn't entirely get his point, but it has something to do with the dentist having the power to diagnose procedures that may or may not really be necessary, so I think Howard's point is that this is his way of taking some of that power back?

While there was countless gold in this ep, too much to quote, one of my favorites was about the fantasy team names. Howard gets mad that they're all just random references and he can't figure out who's running the teams by their name, and then he goes on to reveal his team name is "Verne Lundquist."

I think he said that he does always show up, he just doesn't call back to confirm. My dental office does the same thing, and it's annoying. Ultimately, the call just serves as a reminder, so it's fine, but I don't know why someone would bother calling back (unless they wanted to cancel) when it literally makes no difference. I didn't entirely get his point, but it has something to do with the dentist having the power to diagnose procedures that may or may not really be necessary, so I think Howard's point is that this is his way of taking some of that power back?

I went back and took another listen, and I can safely say that actually I don't really have a clue what he's going on about

• Like 1

Yeah, this was Top Tier WhoCh/TwoCh! Listened to it at work this morning and it just had me cracking up, worked-up, annoyed Howard is Howard on impressive form, loved every minute of this weeks show.

Was it just tripping over the tongue, or is Howard actually a Mobile Suit Gundam fan? Seems almost too make-'em-up for Howie, though.

To make a post like this without listening to the entirety of the episode is the wisdom of a fool.

But indeed. Mobile Suit Gundam is a thing. A specific superseries of giant "real robot" space opera anime starting from 1979 with new shows still being produced, and insanely popular in Japan.

Sign in to follow this