🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 17 — Songs of Innocence

Really happy to hear they're doing more episodes. I hope they get PFT on again to ask him where he was the first time he heard the new album.

• Like 3

I don't know if I mentioned this, but William Blake wrote my two favorite songs: "Happy Birthday" and "Batdance" by Prince.

So you're saying that Mildred & Patty Hill aren't just a couple of miserly old crones, they're also THIEVES?

It's a testament to how many Great Bits this episode had that we're 4 pages in and no one has even mentioned the (t-shirt-less) package from Ol' Sourpuss! More like Ol' Generouspuss, right?

• Like 3

Ok, seriously. Before I listen to this episode, can someone tell me the names of the people on the episode? What is this episode about? Do they talk about stuff? Or things? Or both stuff AND things?

Don't worry, there is portion of the episode dedicated to penis talk and we should all be thankful!

Really happy to hear they're doing more episodes. I hope they get PFT on again to ask him where he was the first time he heard the new album.

It's so strange that neither Scott asked him when he'd first heard U2, or indeed that he didn't just tell them when he first appeared, so I hope they remember to ask, or he just tells them, when he first heard the new album if he's on again.

• Like 1

I was ridiculously excited when I got a Soundcloud update that mentioned U Talkin' U2 To Me? and even more excited when I saw it was 2.5 hours long.

Such a great episode, and the album is also really great too. Double C+.

The beautiful bastards! They did it!

Bernard_Shakey, I'm stealing your avatar, or at least borrowing from it: I'm going for Halloween as a Stormtrooper in evening casual-ware. Maybe a tux. I'm not kidding. Love it.

• Like 1

This clip should help us all to remember the name of the third Harry Potter book.

• Like 8

Opened the Earwolf homepage this morning kinda hoping for a b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode of CBB and found THIS. Probably a good idea not to have Terrorist Wittels on this one, considering the date and all.

• Like 4

"The new Coldplay record is really really great."

These guys have such terrible musical taste, but i cant top listening.

I don't how Scott, as someone who hates on Phish and U2's stupid lyrics, could possibly enjoy that new Coldplay album.

I mean, Another's Arms has such gems as: "Late night watching TV. Used to be here beside me."

Chris Martin's songwriting skills have really gone downhill.

Glad they're back, but I wish they had mentioned "Me Talking Weird Al to You," the parody-cast of UTU2TM, just like they mentioned the REM one. It's awesome. I host it. It's awesome.

SCOTT: Scott, have you seen any films lately?

SCOTT: Well, to be honest, I don't care much for the summer fare.

SCOTT: Oh, the blockbusters and such?

SCOTT: Hey, 'PYEW!' 'PYEW!' 'PYEW!' You know what? I'm not interested in robots, thank you.

SCOTT: Big explosions and stuff.

SCOTT: No thank you.

SCOTT: You know, every once in a while, I like a good popcorn movie, I'm not gonna lie.

SCOTT: Oh sure, I mean, I like popcorn. Mmm.

SCOTT: I like sitting down in a theater, throwing back some 'corn and having a good laugh, or maybe even, y'know, seeing some stuff blow up. Maybe a car chase or two.

SCOTT: Yeah! Maybe like a big robot trying to look for the AllSpark.

This nearly destroyed me on my second listen. I don't know how I missed it the first time.

• Like 10

I think this whole podcast is secretly a drawn-out, 17-part ep of "Great Bit."

• Like 2