🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 17 — Songs of Innocence

Scott is my new favorite music critic. Finally I feel validated in my unabashed love for the new Coldplay album.

Pitchfork gave this album a 4.6/10 btw. They're officially the worst.

It's fun to hear Scott unabashedly enthusiastic about things. :)

• Like 1

I'm about 53 minutes in (with barely ANY U2 talk YAY) and I have to ask... between this episode and yesterday's Whooch.... what's up with Engineer Cody Cody?

Came here to ask the same thing.

Idle speculation: affair, birth of secret love child, biopsy results, death of a family member, new job, possibly some kind of big drug deal, mum keeps ringing for IT support, he's sponsoring someone who just had a relapse and keeps ringing him, he just had a relapse and keeps ringing his sponsor.

• Like 1

Here's proof BONO does crap on floors, and sometimes takes pictures of it...

bono.jpg

1109_bono-onscreen.jpg?width=320

• Like 2

A lot of apple users are very much upset because the u2 album showed up on all apple iphones and ipads devices with no real opt out option for the album.

Even arstechnica got a detailed removal artificial how how to get rid of this virus. U2’s new album is showing up on your iPhone whether you want it or not.

Then there is the Help forums at apple, I've been hacked message board responds. I call this the gift horse virus.

• Like 1

Opened up my iTunes today, and there were 10 new copies of "Shiny Happy People" by REM. Pshht - Thanks, Obama!

• Like 9

Man, I am so happy that there's a new episode of UTU2TM. I started listening to podcasts pretty recently and this was one of the first ones that I listened to regularly... I can remember first hearing the ad for it and I was like, huh, whatever, and then I started listening and then I was listening every week and oh my god this is so awesome, ...aaaaand then it was over.

I will always remember the spring of 2014 as the spring of U Talkin U2 To Me. And now there's a new ep! I have only listened to the first few minutes so far. I'm gonna savor this one, like a Wonka bar that Charlie (that little fuck) only eats a little of at a time, to make it last longer.

Or I'm gonna listen to the whole thing asap. One of those two.

Thanks, Scott, for making this podcast.

• Like 1

"The new Coldplay record is really really great."

These guys have such terrible musical taste, but i cant top listening.

But they are fans of Ole' Sourpuss so I don't know what to think.

• Like 1

I guess this doesn't bode well for the Apple/U2 marketing machine, but the only way I (as a moderate U2 fan) knew there was a new album was my podcast app had a notification for me of this episode.

Not a bad album, "Every Breaking Wave" is my favorite. Of course my favorite part of the new album was that the Scotts sat their juicy asses back into the studio to record another ep!!!!

PS - When Scott did his Woody Allen saying "the... prisoner... of azKA-bannnnn"

time for a quick ep of Let's Be Frank...

Volcano and Raised by Wolves are quite possibly two of the best songs U2 has put out since AchTUNG Bébé. I've only listened to the album once on my own in addition to hearing the clips that were played, but I'm thinking it's about time to give it another spin... because those two songs have been stuck in my head for days.

this is good rock 'n' roll uh.. music.

• Like 1

You guys nailed it. Didn't think you could ever recapture the magic, but damn. Every night you record is just some stupid fun magic night. This podcast has crazy legs. Don't stop. Don't ever stop my joy.

• Like 2

I think my favorite song on the new album is "Power of Love." Overall: C+.

Just re-listened to the Jimmy Pardo episode for probably the fourth time, I could listen to Adam and Jimmy shit on the Eagles for days.

• Like 2

So it seems the new album sold for $100m, or around that.

With all that money, Bonobo, Thedge, Adam Clay2000pounds and Larry Mullen Senior's son can definitely afford to send Scott and Scott some premium fucking T-shirts.

• Like 4