🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
nrkist

Chris Hardwick up as next guest!

Latest @midnight made reference to Chris Hardwick being 'too busy' due to 'crystal skeleton' 'D&D'. There is a weird crystal skeleton reference at the beginning of the latest episode that nobody gets. It's a Blain/Hardwick reference! Hardwick up as next guest. Awesome.

Seems like a pretty long leap, I'll believe it when I see it (would be cool though).

Why is it a long leap? Blaine is lead over @midnight. Hardwick has a history of D&D'ing with 'the gang'. Crystal skeleton references between the two shows sync. Blaine is the only one capable of making that happen. Hardwick is a guest, if not THE next guest.

They showed a photo he took, and you could clearly see a table in the background which definitely didn't look like the studio table.

• Like 1

Blaine references a glass gargoyle, not a crystal skeleton.

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

• Like 2

Was just going to say, just watched it and among other things the photo showed maps and minis, which is def not how NP rolls :Þ

Yeah, cause if they are gonna make a D&D joke, they would absolutely not play into it with maps and minis. They would show the blank slate of the earwolf desktop and let that joke fail. Cause everyone would get a D&D reference without miniatures and a map in a static shock shot.

Edit: You are also incorrect, you made me double check myself. 'Crystal skeleton' is weirdly referenced and everyone is very confused and riffs on it. It's easy to miss, though the riffing is not. Points to a one-off or two-fer like House of Giggles.

I guess Blaine just needs to be real heavy handed at this point: "This joke brought to you by: 3-4 weeks from now! That's right folks, it's the magic of podcasting and even I don't understand how it works! You already missed me at Phoenix by the time this is coming out! You were a terrible crowd....or a very good one! We are time traveling folks. Also, remember Crystal Skeleton? Of course not, I haven't made that joke yet. It's why it's so funny."

This makes me think by the way that Pete Holmes - although I love him - would be the worst possible guest theoretically possible for this podcast. There is a 0% that more than 10 words of D&D play would occur that episode. Tangent city

This makes me think by the way that Pete Holmes - although I love him - would be the worst possible guest theoretically possible for this podcast. There is a 0% that more than 10 words of D&D play would occur that episode. Tangent city

yeah I agree.

I love Pete the comedian, I really like Pete the podcast host, I liked Pete the tv host, I even usually enjoy Pete the podcast guest but Pete trying to focus for even a second of D&D would be a trainwreck.

It makes sense to have Hardwick as a guest, and I can't believe he's too busy to fit it into his schedule. If he is playing DnD with other people, he can certainly make time to drop by Nerd Poker. Of course, it is also possible (since @midnight has like 9000 writer) that the entire DnD joke was a written set-up specifically for the game they were about to play.

Either way, Hardwick would be a welcome guest in my opinion.

It makes sense to have Hardwick as a guest, and I can't believe he's too busy to fit it into his schedule. If he is playing DnD with other people, he can certainly make time to drop by Nerd Poker. Of course, it is also possible (since @midnight has like 9000 writer) that the entire DnD joke was a written set-up specifically for the game they were about to play.

Either way, Hardwick would be a welcome guest in my opinion.

seriously? with all of what he's working on the dudes like a mini-seacrest… I'd be amazed if he has enough time to sit in on a D&D session. Would love to see it happen, but between the podcasts/podcast network, talking dead/@midnight/convention panel work, etc…

Sign in to follow this