🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HipsterNonsense

CBB In Your Life

Hopefully this is in the right place, sorry if it isn't. Anyways do you ever have things from the show start to creep into your life? Things like repeating someone saying "it's been a while" with the Staind version, or saying ITSSSSSSSSSSSS BEEEEEEN.

I was inspired to make this thread after seeing Nasim Pedrad's name as a trending topic on facebook, and launching into a Hot Saucerman style Don Pardo impression for a solid 5 minutes.

TL;DR - Basically if you have instances or stories where you've quoted CBB or CBB references have come up in conversation, please share them.

• Like 3

Oh I've been doing "IT'S been" and "It's been awhile" whenever the opportunity presents itself

I also have been saying "Lisa Bonet, shake your shit around" if she or any cast member of the Cosby show is mentioned for years now... I listen to that Jelloems bit any time I feel sad and I immediately feel better.

I just recently got my boyfriend to finally start listening to CBB and he's really latched onto saying "bay-beeee" like Traci Reardon and says "you know what i'm talkin' about!?" in the style of Tom Leykis and it brings me crazy amounts of joy that we can finally share the joy of podcast gags together

• Like 6

I do all of these when I can remember to as well as "that's also true" even though that's not really CBB.

I have been waiting for months to get a technicality no down boo over in. It's my current holy grail.

• Like 1

I also have been saying "Lisa Bonet, shake your shit around" if she or any cast member of the Cosby show is mentioned for years now... I listen to that Jelloems bit any time I feel sad and I immediately feel better.

I've uttered the phrase "This is your last Malcom Jamal....WARNing" more times than I care to admit.

• Like 1

This is HDTGM-related rather than CBB, but I try to only refer to M Night Shyamalan as "Boo, Fuck You".

• Like 2

Is anyone else in a situation where they don't know anyone who listens to CBB or UTU2TM?? I had a friend that I introduced into the world of CBB but he moved away so now I have no one to reference jam with.

• Like 1

Is anyone else in a situation where they don't know anyone who listens to CBB or UTU2TM?? I had a friend that I introduced into the world of CBB but he moved away so now I have no one to reference jam with.

Same. The situation I'm in is that all of my friends still consume general media and at this point there have been so many guests on CBB that I'll be watching something "normal", I'll see a guest that I've heard on CBB before and burst into this whole "OMG THAT PERSON! OVER THERE! THEY WERE ON THIS REALLY HILARIOUS EPISODE OF CBB AND THIS HAPPENED blahblahblah reference is no longer funny comment is no longer relevant people start wondering when I'll stop."

It's like the "your dream is only interesting to you"-effect.

And I think it's safe to assume that all listeners of CBB have been bit with the "it's been"/"it's been a while" virus.

• Like 1

Have busted out the "technicality no down boo over" a couple times when someone's used the word "technicality". I can't help it. It's like saying Cake Boss. (Cake boss!)

• Like 4

I buy and eat pluots regularly now because Harris just wanted to say "pluot". (I still haven't managed to find a nectaroon, you it's that thing that's 1/8 nectarine)

also, similar to hypnotizingchickens, I've used parallel parkinsons and carpool tunnel syndrome lots of times. I'm still waiting for a chance to use "I have been diagnosed as hard to kill"

• Like 1

i have used 'ipad, ipod, i don't know anymore' correctly once in conversation. multiple times correctly in my head.

• Like 4

Same. The situation I'm in is that all of my friends still consume general media and at this point there have been so many guests on CBB that I'll be watching something "normal", I'll see a guest that I've heard on CBB before and burst into this whole "OMG THAT PERSON! OVER THERE! THEY WERE ON THIS REALLY HILARIOUS EPISODE OF CBB AND THIS HAPPENED blahblahblah reference is no longer funny comment is no longer relevant people start wondering when I'll stop."

It's like the "your dream is only interesting to you"-effect.

I know exactly how you feel. I know people I tell it to don't give a shit but it's so hard to keep inside all the time. How do you explain to someone why you're cracking up at the Ghost of Richard Harrow reloading a blunderbuss because it's the only gun he's allowed to use?

• Like 3

I don't relate to any of this, although sometimes, when the guys and I are hanging out by the pool, mowing down on some bread, I'll think to myself: "How is this bread made?" (That's an expression, right?)

• Like 4

"WI-FI" and "ex-girlfriend whom I married" come up once or twice a month. I've tried giving credit, as I don't like being the jerk who steals jokes, but no one gives a shit about your podcast subscription.

"It's been (a while)," are both part of my wife's vocabulary and she doesn't really know why.

• Like 1

My ex-girlfriend (whom I married) also says "It's been awhiiiile" because of me saying it all the time and she doesn't even like CBB. It's fantastic.

• Like 3

Whenever the recent U2 commercial for Apple comes on, I am compelled to say "It's the Loovable Lads from Liverpool!" and then sometimes go on to explain to whoever is around me that the members of the band have names, and then list the names of those band members.

• Like 2

I always want to say "my wiiife", but am afraid people will think its from Borat.

It's not from Borat, dummies. It's from Comedy Bang Bang DOING Borat. Big difference.

• Like 3

Can't resist Stain'ding in 80% of conversations these days.

It's bad. It's really really bad. Complete Pavlovian response. Not even thinking about it at this point. It's been a while?

It's been a while

• Like 2

Me and my girlfriend chant solo bolo constantly, and she always calls horror movies "creeepies". Also, when talking about the show, I absoloutley NEVER refer to it as Comedy Bang Bang, and Im also prone to singing wreaking ball in bob duccas voice when Im in the bathroom cause it gives it a nice reverb. I suppose Im never more than a day away from a Ducca ailment reference or a new no no.

I get it with Whooch as well. When one of us comes home from the store well usually say "we got some ____! some ____ and ___!"

• Like 1

I was watching WWE's Smackdown earlier tonight. One of the commentator's described something that happened "Tuesday Night live on [one of their other shows]." I heard "Tuesday Night live" and in my head popped Scott Aukerman's Don Pardo's NASIM PEDRAD!

watching the great british bake off the other day and i turned to my former fiancee and said "i've heard of petits threes, but petits fours?"

it doesn't make sense on a lot of levels.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this