🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 199 — Freedom and Abandon

Nova Rockafeller and Jensen Karp breeze on in to count down some charts with Howard and Kulap, and talk about Nova's new EP, Problem Child, on this week's Who Charted! On this week's episode, the crew discuss Iggy Azalea's butt and Nas' lip injections, talk about the oldest person they still find attractive, and Howard wears a scarf and invents the brilliant game: Melons of Cavan. Plus, Nova tells us about some crazy encounters with the law and talks about her love for Laser Tag. Tune in to find out why Young Nova and Jackie Chan just might be the same person.

Don't forget to get your tickets to the Who Charted live show at The LA Podfest, Saturday, September 27th at 2pm. http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-los-angeles-podcast-festival-tickets-10814850509

A Buzzfeed list-compiler and a YouTube rapper? Are they at ends with whoever books guests? I'll be pretty bummed if their guest for #200 is the 3rd most popular Pinterest pinner.

A Buzzfeed list-compiler and a YouTube rapper? Are they at ends with whoever books guests? I'll be pretty bummed if their guest for #200 is the 3rd most popular Pinterest pinner.

Jensen is a friend of the show and has been on once or twice before. Nova is an artist that Jensen works with and Howad and Kulap like her. Kulap books the guests as far as I know, it's not about how "famous" the guests are.

• Like 13

Maybe its just me, but that girl was more cringe-inducing than charming. I listened to a few of her songs. Its just gibberish rap. Say whatever as long as it rhymes.

• Like 6

Jensen is a friend of the show and has been on once or twice before. Nova is an artist that Jensen works with and Howad and Kulap like her. Kulap books the guests as far as I know, it's not about how "famous" the guests are.

So you think BuzzFeed is a good publication and this rapper wasn't extremely unlikeable? If I wanted famous guests I'd probably be listening to Nerdist, just saying- these last 2 episodes were pretty weak IMHO. Should have just had Jensen.

So you think BuzzFeed is a good publication and this rapper wasn't extremely unlikeable? If I wanted famous guests I'd probably be listening to Nerdist, just saying- these last 2 episodes were pretty weak IMHO. Should have just had Jensen.

Cool first comments, bro.

• Like 1

I read your first post as saying something along the lines of, "who are these no-name guests? why would we care about them?" So that's what I was addressing.

There's no implication in my post about what I like or don't like. Just to be clear, I don't like buzzfeed and I don't read it no matter who writes the articles or puts together the dumb list. I haven't enjoyed any of Nova's music and she doesn't seem like the kind of person I would want to hang out with.

I listen because I love Howard and Kulap, there have been weak episodes in the past and there will be more in the future. That's OK because most of the episodes are great (and free), and whatever they want to do for #200 is OK too. It's their show.

I'm not attacking you for having an opinion or expressing said opinion. Just saying that snarky first comments often aren't well-received by Chahtists.

• Like 5

I would bet money that episode 200 will be Paul F.

• Like 3

Nice! PFT is all the way up to #3 on the Pinterest power rankings?

• Like 8

And you're right, Bruce. I listen to Who Charted for Howard and Kulap. The guests can be hit or miss on occasion. (That girl said "Who's Carson Daly?" and she recorded a song about 90s pop culture.....) That's why I usually enjoy Two Charted more than Whooch prime.

• Like 5

I was not surprised to hear of Nova's shady past dealings. She doesn't seem too bright, but very enthusiastic and at least nice to Howie and KuKu. Howard seemed a little intimidated and semi in love with her though. I think he kept trying to impress her.

On Episode 200, will it be the live podcast? I hope not, since I want them to have either PFT, Harris or Scottie 2 Hottie as their guest. Those guys have the best chemistry with Kulap and Howard and it would be a blast having them on #200.

I love how Howard has connected with the last three guests. He gets so excited when someone agrees with his philosophies. It's like he has been an outcast for so long, but now he's finally finding his people.

• Like 1

Jensen seems super cool

Jensen tweeted a screen shot of this, which is one of the most weirdly meta things I've ever seen.

• Like 5

Jensen tweeted a screen shot of this, which is one of the most weirdly meta things I've ever seen.

Haha! I love this so much! CFSL, this must be one of your good deeds for your warn situation.

• Like 1

On Episode 200, will it be the live podcast? I hope not, since I want them to have either PFT, Harris or Scottie 2 Hottie as their guest.

Earwolf just announced on Facebook that Howard and Kulap are busy at LA Podfest, so episode #200 will be hosted by Armen Weitzman and Natasha Leggero, with special guest Steve-O.

• Like 9

Earwolf just announced on Facebook that Howard and Kulap are busy at LA Podfest, so episode #200 will be hosted by Armen Weitzman and Natasha Leggero, with special guest Steve-O.

Right on. Maybe Giancarlo can stop by too!

• Like 2

I don't get the negativity by a few people- I enjoyed this episode immensely. I thought it had really good energy and everyone seemed to be comfortable and having a fun time. Some of the comments are bordering on fuddy duddyism. "Oh! The way these young people talk and how little they know!"

• Like 6

But seriously, they did announce that the guest for Podfest is Matt Jones (aka Badger on Breaking Bad). Seems reasonable to assume that will be next week's episode #200.

• Like 4

I think Kulap and Howard did the best with what they could. Jensen was great as always, but Nova made me sad. I'm only a little more than a year older than her, and her immaturity, irresponsibility and attitude in general were extremely worrying. Her blatant lack of knowledge at points was stunning. It would do her good to just take a few years off, go to college, and come back to music when she actually knows how to handle herself and her money. Jensen's not her dad, but I wanted him to reel her in a bit and help her out. This probably sounds really bad, but I feel that she needs someone to manage her and help her make good choices.

• Like 2