🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 313 — Gumbo Challenge

Ben Schwartz aka Benny Schwaz of House of Pies is here along with musical guest Paul Banks of Interpol on this week’s musical episode of Comedy Bing Bong! They talk about Interpol’s new album El Pintor and good heckles for bands before sound proofer Dante jumps into the conversation to show off his vocal chops. Later, Aaron Neville returns to challenge everyone to the Gumbo Challenge, sing some covers of commercials, and share some Don Pardo stories. Plus, Aaron shares some special photos with everyone during a game of Would You Rather!

Horatio Sanz came across as absolutely unhinged throughout this entire episode. It was hilarious. There really is no one else quite like that guy.

• Like 7

@~9 minutes in:

Woah, woah, woah, Scott. The longbox was invented as a way to transition record store album shelves to CD shelves. CDs were too short to sit up over the shelf, the long box made them the same height as a records and therefor were above the shelf.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longbox

/nerd_rant

• Like 1

It's good that Paul Banks didn't get lost in the mix with Benny Schwaz and that guy from Chile. Must be a bit intimidating coming up with two loud, confident comedy guys and Banks got involved and was funny too. Good ep!

• Like 1

I miss the show being able to... YEEEEAAAHHH!!! TAKING A PLANE BREAK!!!

But at least the show sounds great, so we can enjoy the fantastic singing of Benny Schwazz and Scotty Auk who know the lyrics to every song ever.

• Like 2

Paul Banks??? on CBB??? my dreams have come true this is incredible Scott really knows how to put on a great show amazing guests this is all i could ever ask for.. i love interpol soo much this is seriously wonderful.. sorry for all the excitement..

Can't help but feel like we only got to scratch the surface with Dante.

But I guess if we kept scratching some sound might get through that surface so it might be for the best.

• Like 1

Only at 53 minutes in (had to rewind the Ramone impression five-plus times on my drive to work) so I'll have to save the other 42 minutes for the drive home. Still, I feel confident saying this ep is solid. C+ all the way. I'm an Interpol fan and was surprised at how well Paul fit in to the fold.

However, when Brandon Curtis/Secret Machines came up and Scott asked whatever happened to them I cringed. Bringing up Benjamin Curtis' recent death would've made for a reeeeeally awkward moment.

i demand a Pardo-off between Horatio and "Scotty".

Also, Horatio's story about Don Pardo that didn't involve Don Pardo at all gave me stomach cramps.

• Like 1

I heard that Dante joined Interpool and his contribution to the band was Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Brown.

(Also, Horatio nearly screaming at the end of his Don Pardo impression was fucking hilarious)

• Like 3

Only at 53 minutes in (had to rewind the Ramone impression five-plus times on my drive to work) so I'll have to save the other 42 minutes for the drive home. Still, I feel confident saying this ep is solid. C+ all the way. I'm an Interpol fan and was surprised at how well Paul fit in to the fold.

However, when Brandon Curtis/Secret Machines came up and Scott asked whatever happened to them I cringed. Bringing up Benjamin Curtis' recent death would've made for a reeeeeally awkward moment.

But Ben Curtis left the band in 2007, and a third Secret Machines album came out in 2008. And there was talk of a fourth album a few years ago too. So I don't think they would have needed to bring that up necessarily.

holy wow today's my birthday and horatio and benny are two of my favorite guests together. perfect present.

anytime horatio does his aaron neville character or even mentions him, I end up listening to tell it like it is on repeat for a good 20 minutes.

• Like 3

INTERPOL :o

One of my all time fav. b's! (favorite bands). And two of my all time fav. g's! (favorite guests).

I just started the podcast and engineer Cody Cody is already getting it, looking forward to another solo bolo!

• Like 2

http://www.rejectedj...ed-the-extended

The link for you all who are just too lazy to just Bing it.

The whole shitting her pants thing and way he dances on everyone, I'm in tears. Love me some Schwaz.

I'm honestly not the biggest fan of the TV show, doesnt make me laugh out loud like the pcast does, but Benny Schwas's appearances have ruined me!

They should have used like all of this, specifically the "hit it!" with him dancing on scott

• Like 2

The mental picture of Big Pun dropping a deuce in a wastepaper basket in the studio. I hope this character was not planned at all, the way he gets jumped in made it seem like it might be the case.

• Like 4

Too rely to call this one of the year's best? HELL NO, IT AIN'T!

Not even finished the whole thing and it's too damn hilarious. I must have looked unhinged walking around listening to this and trying not to laugh out loud the whole time.

And stay strong Cody!

I thought it was pretty hilarious how Paul didn't perform a song

Thought it was funny that Scott couldn't think of who says "That's a good song!" at the end of the closing up the plug bag theme and then they start talking about the guitar skills of Brendon Small (the person who says it) for the next two minutes.

• Like 6