🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 219 — Cane Dook

The Sklar's old hospital buddy, Dane Cook, stops by the studio to talk about shared early show memories, opening SNL, dealing with the haters, and whether we can blame Gisele for most sports blunders. Plus the guys discuss tips for aspiring comedians, trying to maintain subtlety in massive rooms, and their favorite fantasy Lacrosse leagues. Dane also dishes about patching things up with Louie on his show before Bryant "Bird Man" Gumbel calls in to talk brother politics.

The sound quality sucked, but I've heard worse. It didn't make me want to turn it off or anything. Unlike those old How Did This Get Made mini-episodes that were borderline unlistenable.

Anyway, I like Dane Cook. And I can understand the backlash against him. He was ridiculously over-hyped. Sure, he's funny. But so is Nick Swardson. And Greg Behrendt. Dane wasn't groundbreaking like people made him out to be.

The Jeter sandwich is perfectly conceived, because it's incredibly boring and therefore will be liked by a large number of people.

This was great! I was a huge fan of Dane Cook when I was in College, like most I would imagine, but stopped paying attention to him around the time he started doing bland movies. But I have been wondering about where he'd go and what's he been up to. I really did want to hear about what he thinks of the whole thing, what stories he has to tell, etc. I really figured that he'd just be a cool guy - and sure enough, that's what you guys deliver here. I LOVE it when you guys "talk shop" and get into stuff with comedians.

Great ep, Bros!

Sign in to follow this