🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
VinsanityV22

Friend of the show, Katie Dippold, is writing the female-led Ghostbusters reboot (with Paul Feig)!!

From Polygon: ( http://www.polygon.c...ening-paul-feig )

"The long-rumored third Ghostbusters movie is finally happening. Paul Feig, creator ofFreaks and Geeks and director of The Heat and Bridesmaids, says he's working on the film, which will be a reboot of the franchise... "It's official," Feig said. "I'm making a new Ghostbusters & writing it with [Katie Dippold] & yes, it will star hilarious women. That's who I'm gonna call."

Dippold wrote the screenplay for The Heat and has written for television shows Parks and Recreation and Mad TV."

===

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty hopeful for this. After Harold Ramis passed away, I felt like they absolutely could not move forward with a straight GB3 sequel. When the rumors started persisting that they instead wanted to do a female-led reboot, with Paul Feig directing, I was pretty happy; that could be a really good, interesting movie. Now that Katie "Driving Yellowjackets" Dippold is scripting, I'm very excited. These two can definitely make a great movie and they're definitely going to look the cast the right kind of actresses here.

I just don't like the reboot term being bandied about. No one needs to replace the original Ghostbusters in-continuity, y'know? Why couldn't they just, like, make the GB a franchise or something and explore a separate team in a new city?

But still, there's more good than bad with this announcement. I'm looking forward to a great movie, and congratulations to Dippold!

ghostbusters-3-logo.jpg

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this