🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 54 — Clark Duke, Our Close Friend

Also listen to Greggy's podcast. It's not even really his podcast, he's more like 3rd banana and he just coasts. I find it charming & funny & good

thanks you for this nice words. and this is a good week to listen because we talk about Reality Show Show and i think some ppl here like that show + its just a good ep + i think i have all sound issues sorted

podcastsarewonderful.com

• Like 4

thanks you for this nice words. and this is a good week to listen because we talk about Reality Show Show and i think some ppl here like that show + its just a good ep + i think i have all sound issues sorted

podcastsarewonderful.com

I listened to the episode this afternoon. Are you the young sounding person or the other one?

Nah just kidding, I liked it. Your partner definitely has "yes, and" down pat

• Like 1

Here's what I've got so far from a very cursory review of the Greenberg ep thread. I think that's the one, maybe a mishmash.

1) I share the general relief at the news of this radio program's ongoing struggle for ratings, bc the inevitable spike in popularity will force me to abandon the show forever. Sadly I'm still certain as ever that popularity is around the corner.

2) Everyone's taste in hip hop music is exactly as refined (and, in an unrelated sense, Caucasian) as we could expect from a bunch of cutting edge nerds posting funny jokes on an unpopular forum.

3) that British show Look Around You was very good and we'll made.

4) I forgot who said it already, but the story about the tup diet people or whatever. I think they actually might have just meant tuppence, like for bread for feeding the birds (Andrew, what you know bout that, that's British, right)

Further updates as I catch up

• Like 3

2) Everyone's taste in hip hop music is exactly as refined (and, in an unrelated sense, Caucasian) as we could expect from a bunch of cutting edge nerds posting funny jokes on an unpopular forum.

pls note that was a joke post i made, MBOP got it but i think it flew over the heads of most

• Like 3

i am white as hell tho no question

• Like 3

I got it too, bizarrely, bc it was v hard to tell where the sincerity ended/began. But you did helpfully confirm my suspicion that you were satires. Plus I'm very smart and good at comedy so I get jokes

Buy there was some real discussion of actually great music that I also love. But it's undeniably nerdy shit. Look I didn't have to bring race into it. Anyway also Kool Keith nonsense raps, anyone? Ajz?

• Like 1

pls note that was a joke post i made, MBOP got it but i think it flew over the heads of most

I'll drop the mask also and say that, for me at least, MC Chris is actually FTL.

• Like 1

I got it too, bizarrely, bc it was v hard to tell where the sincerity ended/began. But you did helpfully confirm my suspicion that you were satires. Plus I'm very smart and good at comedy so I get jokes

Buy there was some real discussion of actually great music that I also love. But it's undeniably nerdy shit. Look I didn't have to bring race into it. Anyway also Kool Keith nonsense raps, anyone? Ajz?

kool keith is still probably my all time favorite rapper-the first Dr Octagon was kind of a gateway album to me and got me into the more underground, weirder side of hip hop, where I still spend a lot of my time. A friend from Louisiana mailed me two dubbed cassette tapes for some reason--one was Dr Octagonacologyst, the other was Pre Millenium Tension by Tricky--and both really influenced me quite a bit--to the point where my FIRST EVER email address as a freshman in college was "dr3000octagon@hotmail.com"

• Like 1

'sup guyz was expecting 2 boot up my cpu 2day and c all of your Popcorn Gallery Q'z dat I missed cuz I'm never involved in the forums on wknds. mayb insted we do a Popcorn Valerie and axe vb bout her bday bidet parties?

• Like 2

'sup guyz was expecting 2 boot up my cpu 2day and c all of your Popcorn Gallery Q'z dat I missed cuz I'm never involved in the forums on wknds. mayb insted we do a Popcorn Valerie and axe vb bout her bday bidet parties?

Ok. Valerie, what dessert did you eat on your birthday? Do you go for standard birthday cake? Or did you mix it up with like a birthday eclair or something?

• Like 2

Valerie, did your family sing the Happy Birthday song, and did they pay up to those sisters PFT likes to reference?

• Like 2

Valerie, did your family sing the Happy Birthday song, and did they pay up to those sisters PFT likes to reference?

Mildred and Patty! Damn you to hell! (shakes fists at sky)

• Like 1

Valerie,

Did Kobe get you anything good, or did he pull that shit where his "return to the basketball courts" is his gift to you for, like, every holiday for the next year?

• Like 5

valerie, is it fun to have a birthday where other people care?

• Like 5

Really can't wait to hear tomorrow's episode with Norman Reedus. Hope he answers all my popcorn gallery questions

• Like 1

we've got stand-up joke teller iliza shlesinger coming in. does th popcorn gang has a question or what?

• Like 4

Iliza, what did it feel like to "win" Last Comic Standing but really what did it feel like to lose that game of musical chairs?

I tell you, everybody gets a trophy these days...

we've got stand-up joke teller iliza shlesinger coming in. does th popcorn gang has a question or what?

Iliza, when you first saw the Walking Dead show and learned that the producers had stolen the character you created in your audition almost exactly--only they gave the role to Norman Reedus--how angry were you?

• Like 3

Iliza your wikipedia page says you were part of Jimmy's Traveling All Stars while in college. Being an all star Im sure there were a lot of temptations on campus--were you ever tempted to accept money from boosters illegally and jeopardize your college eligibility and your professional career?

• Like 4

Iliza,

Sean often intentionally misspells the names of upcoming guests when he announces them on the forum, you know, for humor. But not yours. Why do think that is? Is it the "Hollywood politics" I always hear about during awards season?

Followup: if you had to say the name Henry Higgins, would you say " 'Enry 'Iggins"? cause your name? from that show?

Followupup: Is that good joke?

• Like 3

Dear Iliza,

In showbiz, why do women need to look pretty?

• Like 4

dear ms shlesinger,...nope sorry cant think of anything this week?

• Like 8

Greggy, I listened to your podcast and it was a delight.

• Like 1