🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 95.5 — Minisode 95.5

Ella was played by Boo, whose one bit of IMDB "trivia" is, "Boo is a monkey." Under what circumstances is the fact that an actor is a monkey considered to be trivial? That seems like the kind of thing that should be front and center on the resume. "Great read, Boo, but I think we're going to go full-on homo sapien for this part."

• Like 4

It definitely got crazy in the last 40 minutes, but boy the first hour could have used some serious editing.

I think this was the least entertaining of the Halloween films done for HDTGM.

If I didn't know better, that it would be turning into a killer monkey movie, I'd think that the first half of the film was a solid beginning of a drama about a guy overcoming adversity and stuff. It's surprisingly well-acted for a Romero flick, and as we mentioned before, the monkey is a hell of a performer. The death scene is actually kind of sad.

• Like 3

PlanBFromOuterSpace- I really enjoyed this movie too for the most part, can't complain. I like your new icon.

I loved the budgie attack scene. Reminded me of nick cage not the bees scene in wicker man.

33m8n68.jpg

I think we know why this movie was picked. paul did that monkey attack you? it's ok you can talk about it now.

I cannot wait for this to come out. This was my first time seeing this movie. Typically I have a short attention span for *good* movies, and I was planning on having this in the background while I worked on other things. I was totally hooked by the nude calisthenics within the first five minutes. When the credits rolled, I turned to Mr. Clever and said "I think... I really liked that movie." Mr. Clever: "Okay, June."

Also, as soon as there was conflict between him and the girlfriend right after he got paralyzed, I said "Can't she just sit on his face or something?" Totally nailed it.

ALSO, there must have been some synergy in naming the characters the similar-sounding "Allan" and "Ella", right? This movie is deep, you guys.

• Like 2

Did anyone else think Alan's mom looked like Dave Foley in drag??

• Like 2

To me, especially when shes in the apron and giving him a sponge bath at about 50 minutes, she looked like the 4 armed chef in the Star Wars Holiday Special.

Guys....I actually enjoyed this movie. Like I feel I need to see it again soon.

Same. I am actually watching it again right now. You know what guys? I think I may actually have a problem....

I was totally hooked by the nude calisthenics within the first five minutes.

I don't get it. You say this like naked calisthenics is somehow an unusual thing to do....

I actually enjoyed this movie. I recently got into HDTGM and this is the first time I've watched something specifically for the podcast. This movie was NOT what I was expecting.

Allan seemed to really be destined for paralysis, whether its congenital, getting hit by a truck, or from routinely running several miles with an unpadded nylon sack of bricks on his back, he was going to end up in wheelchair no matter what it took.

• Like 5

Allan seemed to really be destined for paralysis, whether its congenital, getting hit by a truck, or from routinely running several miles with an unpadded nylon sack of bricks on his back, he was going to end up in wheelchair no matter what it took.

I know! There is no possible way to cinch up that bag of bricks tightly enough that it wouldn't violently slam into your lower back on every single stride. That bugged the hell out of me.

• Like 3

Just in case anyone missed it, the HDTGM Facebook account posted that this episode will be delayed until later in the week.

• Like 1

I know! There is no possible way to cinch up that bag of bricks tightly enough that it wouldn't violently slam into your lower back on every single stride. That bugged the hell out of me.

I don't remember if we see the actual landing or just the hilarious dive through the air, but is it possible that he was taken out in a horribly ironic way, like impaling his back on that huge sack of pointy bricks that he was wearing?

• Like 3

I don't remember if we see the actual landing or just the hilarious dive through the air, but is it possible that he was taken out in a horribly ironic way, like impaling his back on that huge sack of pointy bricks that he was wearing?

We don't see it, so we can only assume that is exactly what happens.

• Like 1

No, because there was a dramatic slo-mo shot of the bricks flying through the air, which was hilarious. I guess the impact of the truck hitting him (luckily?) ripped the bag open.

• Like 1

I don't think we actually see him hitting the ground, just doing that perfect gymnast spin through the air whilst spewing bricks from his backpack. We do get a close up of one of the bricks shattering on the asphalt, I think your theory is not only possible, but highly probable.

• Like 2

I don't think we actually see him hitting the ground, just doing that perfect gymnast spin through the air whilst spewing bricks from his backpack. We do get a close up of one of the bricks shattering on the asphalt, I think your theory is not only possible, but highly probable.

I see what they were getting at there. That metaphor hit me like a ton of bricks...that severed my spine.

• Like 2

The writers of this movie did some research! It is indeed possible for individuals with quadriplegia to have sex and orgasm. It can be very difficult to do, but much like baton-twirling and playing the pipe organ, that doesn't make it fun to watch.

The writers of this movie did some research! It is indeed possible for individuals with quadriplegia to have sex and orgasm. It can be very difficult to do, but much like baton-twirling and playing the pipe organ, that doesn't make it fun to watch.

He doesn't get any though. She simply uses his face as a sex toy and that's it. Seems like a uniquely unsatisfying relationship.

He doesn't get any though. She simply uses his face as a sex toy and that's it. Seems like a uniquely unsatisfying relationship.

In all fairness, we didn't see what was going on under that blanket!

• Like 1

In all fairness, we didn't see what was going on under that blanket!

Touche! Good lord lol, what a crazy ass sex scene.

is it ready yet?

I feel like a little kid waiting for his sisters easy bake oven to start ringing.

Easy-Bake-Update.jpg

• Like 1

Just in case anyone missed it, the HDTGM Facebook account posted that this episode will be delayed until later in the week.

Thanks very much, not a facebook/twitter person and was wondering what had happened.

Touche! Good lord lol, what a crazy ass sex scene.

indeed! What with the paralysis and the blanket, for all we (and our protagonist) know, it may have been ass-sex!