🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 18 — Songs of Innocence Physical Release Special

It’s been a month and a lot of things have happened in the world of U2 but luckily Adam Scott Aukerman are back to dig into the physical release of U2′s thirteenth studio album Songs of Innocence. They’ll talk about U2: The Definitive Biography, the online backlash of the free digital release of the record & Bono’s recent apology, and the bonus tracks on the physical release of the album. Plus, they catch up on the recent live shows they’ve seen which include Tom Petty & Neutral Milk Hotel and wonder if U2 will ever have a Top 40 hit as they go through listener mail!

• Like 3

I'm so ridiculously happy this is out and I can't even begin to explain it to anyone I know. Feels like Christmas morning when these eps drop.

• Like 6

I've only gotten through the first 25-30 minutes, but this might already be my favorite episode of UTU2TM

• Like 2

I literally (and I'm using the word properly) jumped out of bed to put my putes on and download this on iTunes when I saw it on Soundcloud this morning.

The funny thing about Scott and Scott talking about the reaction to the albums release and the reviews of it is that they really are one of the few people who reviewed the album for its music, and not the method of release or a dislike of U2 anyway. They gave the album a fair review and so many 'real' reviewers didn't and didn't want to either.

The logical next step for the podcast is for Scott and Scott to write their own definitive U2 biography, right?

• Like 5

Holy jesus fucking christ, this was so unexpected and turned my day around.

I was laughing so hard while they let the Kellog's ad play out.

• Like 8

Jesus. With the Earwolf podcast dump today (plus yesterday's JJH and DLM) I think I have my weekend planned out (not that I'm complaining).

• Like 1

Usually on thursdays i'm worrying about weekend stuff but right now i'm more concerned with these Goddamn T SHIRTS.. this podcast never fails.. thank you for making it!

• Like 1

One of the pleasantest of surprises!!!!

I hope they get to the band member names this ep. The members of the rock band U2, that is

• Like 4

haha I enjoyed Scott A's slight mention of Karmin. I couldn't honestly tell if he does truly like them or if he was just being nice as like a "I like (some of their music kind of)", but that damn woman annoyed the hell out of me! If they dont have more pop hits (cross our fingers), this will be an amazingly funny reference in about a decade like a reference to say Snow, Ace of Bass, or Cece Peniston

Thanks for shutting that listening sesh down quick, A Scott

• Like 2

Oh wow! I can only hope for some eps like 'Let's be Frank', or Scott willing 'RU Popping my Stones'

oh my god, the embedded artwork in the mp3...

d8cWShV.png

thank you user A New Duck

pure brilliance

• Like 19

My Karmin story: I went to a wedding years ago where the band was fronted by the singer of Karmin. She was pretty great. But they were doing covers of course. They even brought me on stage to sing an Earth Wind & Fire song they were doing. After the wedding the singer told me that she had gotten a ton of views on Youtube for her other band.

Had a similar reaction to Adam's when I actually heard the music, but hey, you go girl.

• Like 1

Oh wow! I can only hope for some eps like 'Let's be Frank', or Scott willing 'RU Popping my Stones'

Wait, were there NO sub-podcasts in this episode? Maybe they didn't feel like Cody was capable of hitting the drops.

That aside, another great one. This has become the one podcast where (rather than waiting until my ride home) I'll fire it up at work and basically just sit and listen and mostly ignore work for however long it takes. Totally worth it.

• Like 4

Scott: What if on the back of the book it just had a blurb that was "'Peep' - A Chicken."

Scott: That'd be great, Scott. I mean, I don't know what you want me to say.

Never stop this podcast, bros. NEVER.

ETA: Oh hell yes. We finally get a "My Wife" at 1:01:02!

oh my god, the embedded artwork in the mp3...

thank you user A New Duck

pure brilliance

That too made me extremely happy. I'm only at 56 minutes in, but I hope they have a lengthy discussion about original artwork and the brilliant Scott/Scott covers you guys made.

• Like 5

When Scott and Scott went off on Engineer Cody Cody at the end for yawning I lost it. Let's be Frank, this is a great day for everyone.

• Like 3

i'm glad scott mentioned the new yorker review... even though i don't like U2, i agree that sasha frere jones is an idiot and it was a super lazy article. it even bothered comparing the album, track by track, with the beyonce album. waht?

I have a sit-to-stand desk at work and usually listen to podcasts while I'm using the stand function. Now everyone in the office knows when I'm listening to UTU2TM, because I can't stop cracking up.

someone photoshop Cody as the clown from American Horror Story since this is what he thought was more important than our beloved Scotts:

640.jpg

• Like 1

I was laughing so hard while they let the Kellog's ad play out.

as soon as it started playing there was never any doubt in my mind that they were just going to let it run. this pod is the trump fucking card of solo bolo if that makes any relative sense whatsoever.

John Jobling...suck (pause) MUH DICK...in a good way.

• Like 7