🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 510 - Once Upon a Time

Josh Simpson & Andrew talk all about the TV show Once Upon a Time and Disney. Make sure to leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

I feel that the writers' addition of the characters from Frozen is more because the movie made 15 trillion dollars, and they want to capitalize on its success while it's still red hot.

• Like 1

Andrew & Josh are prescient this week. Found myself thinking during the first few minutes how "Disney diversity" might make for an interesting discussion in and of itself. About six minutes in, Andrew took forced/arbitrary diversity head-on.

Growing up I remember noticing Disney diversity and wondering if they got their movie ideas by making a list of ethnic groups and asking, "Who have we not covered yet?" At the time it felt sort of patronizing and insincere. Can't make up my mind now, whether it's better to go out of your way to make a Mulan or a Lilo & Stitch, or like Andrew said just randomly name your character "something ethnic-y" and see what happens.

Sign in to follow this