🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kickpuncher

"The Sylvester Stallone Podcast"

I don't mean to cause offense, but did people really expect the real Sylveter Stallone to appear on the p-cast?

I don't mean to cause offense, but did people really expect the real Sylveter Stallone to appear on the p-cast?

Unlike Earwolf podcasts, where the comedians who impersonate famous people are credited on the episode, the Wolfpop page actually credits Sylvester Stallone. I assumed it would be fake from the outset, but I'm not 100% convinced Stallone won't eventually appear on the show (after the initial series of daily bits runs out.)

• Like 2

I assumed all along that it would just be Kroll impersonating him (and, frankly, would prefer that to what it is), and was also surprised by Stallone himself being listed as a guest.

• Like 1

I'm shocked that Paul hasn't thought of using a Stallone soundboard. Has to be one on iTunes.

No sound board :-( what is wrong with this world, when no ones made a stallone sound board..

• Like 1

How did Paul miss an opportunity to shout "YOU'RE TEARING ME APART JUNE!!" during today's episode?

• Like 4

Return of my podcast poster. if it's too tasteless then I will hit delete..it's inspired by king of comedy.

1z1bajk.jpg

I was having such a shity day yesterday, this made me smile so in some sick way it was all good.

• Like 1

I have dipped my toe into some of these and feel most might be dependent on who the guest or topic is that week, such as I was there too.

Here are a couple of posters/t-shirt ideas for Paul's podcast.

15788479275_67a12da4dc.jpg

• Like 3

Haven't listened, never expected Sly to do a podcast with Sheer anyway. So what is the show? Is it just like, Paul's take on the Hulk Hogan Talk Show?

In related news: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/entertainment/celebrities_gossip/20141117_WENN_Arnold_Schwarzenegger___I_wanted_to_destroy_Stallone_.html

He says, "When I saw Rambo II, I saw Sly with his clothes off and he looked totally ripped. I said, 'What the f**k is he doing in my department? In the Rocky movies, he was athletic and smooth but he wasn't that ripped. Does he have less body fat than I have? I have to get him. If he thinks he's stepping into my territory, I'm stepping into his and outdo him in the movies'. This is where the battle began. He was like a competitor that I had to go and destroy. We were competing on who had less body fat, who was killing more people onscreen, who was killing people in the most unique way, who had the biggest box office, who has better reviews. It was an all-out battle for a decade. People asked me, 'What do you think of Sly's movies?' I'd say, 'They're s**t!'."

Eagerly anticipating the inevitable Arnold/Sly 80s battle documentary.

-Cameron H. Now you've gone and done it, you've some how inspired me. I have a really great idea for a poster but I am not sure if I have the time to make it so. If you want to take the germ of the idea and go head and make it, be my guest.

Make a expendables style film poster but with only paul's head over all of the actors faces... LOL but use the stollone podcast as the logo, get it.

I could so see that, I got a good vision of it in my head, it could be funny.

another verison.

wc0l77.jpg

• Like 1

-Cameron H. Now you've gone and done it, you've some how inspired me. I have a really great idea for a poster but I am not sure if I have the time to make it so. If you want to take the germ of the idea and go head and make it, be my guest.

Make a expendables style film poster but with only paul's head over all of the actors faces... LOL but use the stollone podcast as the logo, get it.

Thanks Jarry,! Actually, my wife (also a fan of HDTGM) is a professional graphic designer and I cajoled her into making them for me. She was working on the below as a submission for a new HDTGM logo a few weeks ago, but she got really busy and I think it has more or less fallen to the wayside. We had originally discussed adding a bunch of former guests in the background...

Still, I think it is pretty good and should see the light of day even if it is only a mock up.

15823862055_5ec476bbfa.jpg

• Like 4

I'd make the team a bit bigger in the photo, like Paul and Jason and June seem to far away in the distance to really notice who they are. something I like about the original podcast poster. My pet peeve about Junior podcast poster is it doesn't fit a normal podcast poster size on my phone, ie it's not square. but it is a work of art all in itself because it's funny. even if it's really badly done.

My stuff is just done for personal entertainment. I Just want to learn Photoshop and if I can also make other people have a good laugh then it's worth it, other wise whats the point. I think a person could spend the rest of there life using photoshop and not learn every feature and option in it and really a powerful program.

I just noticed June's got man arms in that photo LOL, that part is funny.

• Like 1

I agree with you that everything would need to be brought in a bit, but I doubt it will get finished at this point. I just thought I would share it as it stood because I liked where it was going.

(Yeah, that was my wife's idea to put June's head on Walker's body :) She wanted her to come off just as kick-ass as Paul and Jason.)

Cameron, that pic is great but maybe you could also sneak a little Adam Scott into the background as he is the annual FF guest.

@freeagent

I appreciate it! Yeah, my wife is the one with the talent and she is so loaded down with with "day job" stuff, I doubt it will get done at this point. Maybe, but doubtful. Adding Adam was the intent though, along with whatever other guests we could squeeze in there. Unfortunately, as Jarrycanada pointed out, the figures in the background are so small it would be difficult to make them out. Although I still think it would be cool in a Sgt Pepper sort of way...

I like what she did though, Jason really looks like he is ready to beat some ass!

This podcast series was such a surprise. When I subscribed to "The Sylvester Stallone Show" I had no idea what I was in for. Paul's performance is excellent. "The Rocky Balboa of Podcasting," indeed.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this